19

Brendon's pov

Brendon's pov

I hadn't slept in 48 hours, living on coffee and the snack machine. They won't tell me anything, I think they're scared of what I'll do. So am I.

Two nurses hurried into the lounge whispering, they had a sad expression on their face.

There were no other people around to stop me, so I hurried into the lounge.

There were nurses, doctors, and surgeons all over the room. I looked around. Many doors, but one stood out labeled 'Work attire'.

Quickly, without drawing attention to myself, I went into that room. Doctors coats, nurse dresses, and surgeon clothes lined the walls.

"Hmm, who should I be today?" I asked making myself laugh.

I snatched one of the doctors coats and changed. I took one last look in the mirror.

My tattoos.

I haven't seen a doctor here who has tattoos. "Shit." I muttered thinking of what to do. The coat went down half way to my arms. "Why?" I asked wondering why the whole arm wouldn't be covered.

I heard the door to the room open and I hurried into a bathroom stall. It was a girl, by the look of her bloody clothes she was a surgeon.

I tugged on my sleeves one last time and they came undone. Who rolls up their sleeves? I put the mask over my mouth and walked out.

"Afternoon, Doctor." She smiled.

I gave her a small nod, afraid to speak. My voice would tremble with fear. But I cleared my throat. "Have you heard anything on my patient Mia?" I spoke in a high tone to try and throw her off, so she doesn't ask questions.

She continued washing her hands. "Haven't heard anything since yesterday. I thought you would be the first to know anything, you know being her doctor and all." She narrowed her eyes at me.

No. No. No.

"Um, yes. I do, I just was-" she stopped me.

"I know who you are, Brendon." She narrowed her eyes again. Then she just walking out.

I hadn't realized I was holding my breath until I sighed in relief. "That was close."

I left the room like nothing happened still wearing the doctor stuff. I rolled my eyes and took off the coat and mask. "What a waste."

I tapped the up button on the elevator to go up to the third floor. While I was waiting I heard footsteps behind me.

"You can't go up there, visiting hours haven't started yet." I glanced at the clock, it read 3:22 am.

Then it all came out of me. "I've been waiting here for almost three days, and you won't tell me anything that's happening to Mia. Now I can't see her! This is fucking ridiculous. Fuck you. I'm seeing her."

Forgetting the elevator I ran to the stairs.

"Stop!" I heard more voices yell.

I didn't stop, I ran up the stairs to Mia's floor. I zoomed past all the rooms to find Mia's room number, 611.

I took a deep breath, and opened it.

Her bed was now in the room, made and untouched. My eyes wondered all around the room. Her clothes, her stuff, everything was gone.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I collapsed to the floor. "Just tell me if she's dead!" I yelled again to no one but this empty room.