24

( tears omfg )

( tears omfg )

Brendon's pov

I wasn't sure where I was exactly.. Definitely not home. Mia. Home.

I felt for my phone, but it wasn't there. I rubbed my eyes. It was still dark out. A sign read 4:02 am. I sat up again and realized I was in a bar.

"Why do I do this?" I mumbled and stood up. My head felt light and my vision was blurry. I stumbled a bit, trying to keep my balance.

"Um, could you tell me where I am?" I asked the bartender.

He chuckled. "Drunk?"

"I-I'm not really sure.." I shook my head and walked away. "Forget it."

I waved a cab down and got in. "Take me to the hospital."

The cab driver turned around and looked me over. "What?" I snapped. "Just drive. Make it fast."

-

I got out without paying. "Hey, buddy." The cabdriver called after me. I ignored him, I have bigger worries.

The front desk ladies eyes widened and she screamed running away. I turned to see what she was looking at. "I don't give free rides. This is my full time job."

The cabdriver was holding a gun out pointing it at me. I put my hands up. "Woah, okay okay. Don't shoot." I slowly backed away.

"Why do you think you're so special.. That you don't have to pay.." He sounded angrier by the second.

"Okay, sorry." I said hoping he would put the gun away

He didn't, so I continued. "Okay, look ill pay. I-I just. My fiancé. She-She could be dea-"

He waved the gun frantically shooting at the ceiling. "Yeah I get it. A sob story.. Money."

Damn, this dude rough.

"Okay... I have $20?" He held out the money hoping he wouldn't take it and still kill me.

"Better.. Next time do that in the first place, then we wouldn't have this problem." I slowly backed away again, hoping that if he does shoot I have a chance.

Sirens blared down the street. "I better go." He said chuckling.

"What a maniac." I mumbled.

I made my way up to Mia's floor. I happened to see Lovejoy walking down the hall.

"Lovejoy?" I asked scared of what he'll do to me, or say to me.

He turned around revealing a bandage on his jaw. His jaw black and blue from bruises. His eye was also swollen shut.

"Look, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to do that. I-I just. I can't lose Mia and my baby.. You know.. It's hard to lose someone.."

He nodded. "I know.. My wife died a year ago. She killed herself. She was miserable. She was anorexic and had depression real bad. I believe she's better off. I miss her though. So much."

That there made me hug him, the man that's been through hell, the man that helped Mia, who helped me. The man I can call friend.

"I just couldn't imagine life without her." he nodded.

"So you okay?" I asked gesturing to his jaw.

"Luckily. Man, you hit hard. You ever thought about being a fighter?" He chuckled.

I laughed along with him. "Brendon, you're lucky I like you. I'd beat your ass back."

We kept laughing, but when a door behind us opened I spun around to see Mia, alive and well.

"Mia, baby!" I whispered and hugged her. "How? What.. Wait." I pinched myself to make sure this wasn't some drunk trick, or a dream.

She laughed. "I just passed out, I was so worried.. I don't know-next thing I know he's telling me you hit him and ran out. Saying something like 'I can't be dead.'" She smiled and hugged me. "I'm here."

Mia. Alive. The baby.. Alive. Me, alive.