23

Mia's pov

Mia's pov

Brendon walked me to a familiar room I once was in. We sat there for a minute waiting for a doctor to come in. Brendon gave me a nervous look.

"Mia." A way too familiar voice knocked at the door.

I gave Brendon a glare. "I told you no."

He mouthed 'I'm sorry', but I just frowned.

"How are we this evening?" Lovejoy asked getting a clipboard.

"Good." Brendon answered for us. I gave him another glare.

"Alright. Mia, have you felt sick, or like you've had to eat more than you regularly do?"

No. Not at all.

"Nothing." I could feel Brendon's eyes and Lovejoy's as I stared at my hands. "What if it's dead. What if I'm not even pregnant."

"Let's not cut to those conclusions." Lovejoy said getting out some syringes and monitors.

"Brendon, you don't have to stay if you don't want to." I said frowning at the long needles.

"Why would I leave?" He smiled holding my hand.

-

We waited in the waiting room for the results. I'm scared. For me and the baby. For Brendon.

"Miss Evans?" The nurse called from the doorway. I stood up with Brendon and we walked back to the room.

"Alright, the doctor will be with you in a minute."

Brendon thanked her and sat down with me. "Don't think negatively.. Think about.. Me." He smiled. I laughed and shook my head.

"Brendon... If I could talk to you for a minute?" Lovejoy asked opening the door.

Why would he want just Brendon?

Brendon's pov

"Yeah?" I asked nervously.

Doctor Lovejoy handed me the results on a piece of professional medical papers. I began to read.

Congratulations Mr Urie and Miss Evans

As of October 1, 2010, your cancer has cured. You are one of few people to survive bone cancer. You're a fighter Miss Evans.

As of September 30, 2010, Miss Evans has tested positive for a baby. Congratulations to both of you!

From your nurses and doctors

I held the letter close. Tears welled in my eyes and my heart was beating faster than ever. I flashed Doctor Lovejoy a big smile. "Thank you so much for this. Everything. Thank you."

He nodded and let me give the letter to Mia. I hurried into the room, Mia laying on the bed. Eyes closed.

"Mia." I said walking to her side.

She lay there. She was breathing, but unconscious somehow. "Lovejoy!" I yelled more tears running down my face. "No!" I shook Mia a little harder.

Lovejoy ran into the room. "What?" He saw me shaking Mia and rushed to her side.

"I-I don't know what happened. I c-came in the room and s-she was just-just laying here." I stuttered with panic. A heavy shake in my voice.

"She has to be okay. She has to. I-I can't. Not now! Goddamn it. No not now. Fuck!" I screamed pounding my fist at the wall with anger. Lovejoy put his hand on my shoulder.

Without thinking I swung my fist as his jaw. My knuckles and his jaw cracking from the impact. "Oh my god! What have I done? Oh my fucking god!"

I ran out of the room, blood covering my shirt and knuckles again. Tears mixed with sweat on my face.

I ran down the street far from the hospital, far from what I've done. Far.