Encounter 6

"Are you okay," Ledaya asked after I zoned out on her for the umpteenth time in a row.

"Yeah, i just gotta go to the restroom. I'll be right back," i said dismissing myself from the table. When I got far enough away from Ledaya, I dialed Shay.

"Bitch, I know you miss me all the damn time, but ain't you on a date," she laughed. I rolled my eyes not having enough time to feed into her antics right now.

"Shay, Ava and I kissed."

"Wait, what. You serious," She asked her tone changing.

"Yes, and now I'm on a date with Ledaya and all I can think about is going home and...doing some very inappropriate things with someone that I should view as a child," i said making sure to inflict the word child.

"Well ain't she 19," Shay defended.

"That's what she says but since when has she told me the whole truth, knowing her she'd be like technically i was included the time it took to conceive and carry me," I said chuckling in disbelief.

"True, but wait how the fuck did y'all even kiss," she asked.

"I don't have time to tell you right now but long story short she's staying with me," I winced, getting ready to get my ass handed to me.

"Dumb ass," she yelled so loud I had to remove the phone from my ear. "For how fucking long?"

"We haven't discussed it."

"You are so fucking dumb!"

"I'm grown, I don't need you patronizing me Shay," I said in my most assertive tone considering she was right.

"I don't need you patronizing me," she mocked. "Nigga fuck yo' grown. I don't wanna be visitin' yo dumb ass in jail because of some young ass pussy when you got hoes falling for you left and right. You always wanted the fucking unattainable. That's your problem you have an appetite for what the fuck you can't have, and when you get it, and realize your sugar is fucking salt who gotta nurse you back to fucking health. I do nigga. You just," she yelled before letting out an angry scream. "I can't, fucking just, God, Alexis fuck man. Do you think about what you do before you fucking do it? No, you don't. You just stressed me the fuck out. Go enjoy your date with a woman in your age bracket. Leave Ava alone. It was funny, but the joke's over. Got damn, I need some weed and pussy. I was tryna stay sober ruining my 8 hour achievement," she said before going on a tangent in a foreign language and hanging up. I stuffed my phone and my pocket before walking back out and attempting to be normal.

"Are you okay, you've been gone for a while," Ledaya asked when I sat at the table.

"Yeah, my best friend called as I was walking out. She's having a crisis or something. She'll be okay though," I smiled hoping to convince her.

"Oh okay, I was about to send the cavalry in after you to make sure you didn't fall into the toilet," she chuckled.

"Ooh you were worried, does Ledaya have a little crush on me," she laughed back.

"I heard she has a crush on someone. If it's you I wouldn't know," Ledaya shrugged flirting back. I smiled back in return.

"So Daya, continue on, you were talking about the big project you had at work."

"You were listening," she said impressed. "Well," she started before I zoned out. Maybe Shay was right. I should leave Ava alone. I know the girl is trouble, but if i put her out where is she going to go. I nodded my head and smiled at Ledaya to make it seem as if I were listening.