Encounter 11

"Wake up," Ava whispered to me.

"I hate mornings," I warned her.

"I need you to take me to an audition," she demanded.

"What time is it," I questioned.

"Be downstairs in an hour," she said before leaving the room. I groaned and threw the blanket off of me, before heading to the bathroom.

"You already ready," Ava questioned as I turned in the kitchen. I just nodded my head. "Ok well your plate is on the counter," she pointed.

"Ooh," I cooed as I walked over to the food. "Where the meat," I asked frowning at the plate.

"The smell of bacon would have woken up your little girlfriend, and I didn't want company," she frowned.

"Where are we even going," I asked stuffing the pancakes in my mouth.

"I already told you, I have an audition. I'll meet you in the car," she said dangling my car keys, before smiling and heading out the door. I strolled to the car five minutes later.

"You don't know my name," Alicia Keys cooed through the speaker taking my thoughts taking me back to high school days.

"You don't know about this youngin'," I said swaying to the music.

She looked at me before rolling her eyes. "Girl I'm older than your young ass," Ava giggled. I stared at her. "Umm drive the car or we're going to be late," she continued.

"Where am I going," I questioned.

"Atlanta," she said in a duh tone.

"Atlanta, like the capital of Georgia," I asked.

"Well, not Atlanta, Texas," she chuckled.

"We live two hours away from Atlanta, why am I going there," I asked.

"If I tell you I have an audition one more time, I'm going to spazz on your ass," she said getting impatient. I groaned and reversed out the driveway. After 20 minutes of silence, I felt Ava burning a hole into the side of my head.

"What girl," I snapped.

"Maybe I was just admiring your ugly ass," she said sucking her teeth.

"Yeah," I retorted not believing her.

"So did you have sex with her," Ava asked not even a full 5 seconds later.

"With who," I responded playing dumb.

"You know who I'm talking about."

"Oh, your new best friend," I said throwing shots.

"She's not my best friend," Ava defended. I stayed quiet. "Nigga, I know you heard my fucking question," she said popping my shoulder.

"What was it again," I asked.

"You playing games Alexis. I will grab this wheel, and kill us both," she yelled.

"You are fucking crazy. No we didn't have sex, damn Ava. Plus why would it matter, ain't you going on a date with that little girl from your English class," I asked.

"I'm not doing this with you," Ava said.

"What's her name," I asked.

"Nonya," she retorted frowning. I glanced at her but stayed silent. "How's Shae," she asked filling the silence again. I shrugged. "You need to talk to your best friend," she said.

"She don't wanna talk. I call her everyday. She being overdramatic," I replied frustrated.

"I can make her talk to you," she promised.