The Great Game- C23: I'd Be Lost

Jennifer's Pov-

A short while later I'd decided to slowly get up and see how I was feeling.

I stood up carefully and made my way over to the mirror. My mouth dropped at the state of my clothes. They were completely covered in dust.

I glanced around Sherlock's room before I caught a glance of one of Sherlock's black shirts. I shrugged my shoulders before I walked over to it and began to undress. I left my pile of clothes on the floor as I slipped his soft shirt over my head and threaded up a few of the remaining buttons. It was so comfy!

I made my way back over to the mirror to take a quick glance at myself before I walked out of the room and into the living room, or, at least, what was left of it.

Sherlock's Pov-

I was quietly discussing the situation in hand with Mycroft when I caught a glimpse of someone out of the corner of my eye.

I stopped talking as I turned to see Jen standing there in one of my black shirts, with nothing else on, besides her undergarments, I could only assume. My mouth parted a little as I stared at her in awe. Her bare legs looked like some that only a model would own; her skin looked flawless and smooth as the daylight, from the space where our windows used to be, shone on her.

Mycroft spun around to see what I was looking at but quickly averted his gaze by raising a hand to cover his eyes. "Oh, Miss West." He sighed. "I should've known that you were the reason for my brother's distracted mind."

Before I could make a comeback to his remark, John could be heard shouting loudly as he ran up the steps of 221B.

"Sherlock, Jen!" He called as he dashed into the flat. His eyes gazed at the damage before he spun to look at Jen. "Jen..." He spoke in shock as he looked awkwardly at her as she stood in my shirt.

"John..." I trailed off slowly as I tried to avert his attention.

"Sherlock?" He questioned quietly as he stared between Jen and me.

"Oh, calm down!" Jen put a hand on John's shoulder. "Nothing happened, well, besides the surprise explosion..."

"Yes, I saw it on the tv, are you both alright?" He spoke with care in his tone.

"Hmm? We're just fine." I replied casually. "It was a gas leak, apparently."

"What'd you mean apparently?" Jen piped up.

I decided to dismiss the explosion, for now, and turned back to face Mycroft. Picking up my violin, I began to carefully pluck the strings. "I can't..." I spoke simply.

"Can't or won't?" Mycroft spoke in monotone.

"The stuff I've got on is just too big; I can't spare the time." I shook my head a little as I gazed down at my violin.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as John and Jen turned to face me with a look of disbelief on their faces.

"Never mind your usual trivia." Mycroft sighed in frustration. "This is of national importance!"

I dismissed his topic and changed the direction of the conversation. "How's the diet?"

Mycroft tutted and ignored my implied insult before he turned to face my partners. "Fine, perhaps one of you can get through to him?"