The Blind Banker- C20: The Black Lotus

Sherlock's Pov-

The realisation hit me as I was trying to catch a cab to the museum from Baker Street. I had bumped into a foreign couple trying to find their way around the city and the answer became obvious to me. The book that everyone in London would own was the London A-Z. I cursed at myself for not thinking of it sooner. My mind was quite clearly getting distracted, even when I tried not to think about her, I ended up doing it anyway.
I temporarily borrowed their book as I quickly breathed in the cool air and rushed to get to work on deciphering the message.

"Nine mill for jade pin, dragon den, black tramway." I read aloud from the paper as I raised my head and looked ahead. That was it. I'd done it! I'd figured out the message and the code!

I sprinted back down the road and threw myself up the stairs of 221b.

"Jen! John!" I yelled as I got into the flat. I was surprised to see no sign of anyone in the kitchen so I jogged into the living room.

"I've got it! The book, it's the London A-Z..." I trailed off slowly.

My eyes widened as I stared at the yellow paint across the window. "Dead man." I read aloud as I translated the graffiti threat.

My heart began to pound hard in my chest as I thought about the Black Lotus gang capturing them all. My stomach clenched as I thought of Jen and how they may have hurt her, or done something even worse to her.

I had to find the rendezvous and help them.

Jennifer's Pov-

I grimaced quietly as I slowly regained consciousness. I squinted as I took in my surroundings. We were in some sort of tunnel, probably near a train of tramway of some kind. John, Sarah and I were tied to chairs which were spaced evenly around in a circle. A small fire was burning behind us in a rusty old dustbin.

I blinked a little from disorientation before I felt a warm trickle of something carefully sliding down the side of my face. I moved my head a little and felt a sharp pain. It became quite obvious that, when the attackers slammed my head against the table, they'd managed to cut it in the process.

I winced quietly, frowning a little as I did. Although, my voice was muffled somehow. I tried to move my dry lips, only to realise that I couldn't move them properly. I cast my eyesight quickly downwards to see that someone had tied an old rag around my mouth, effectively gagging me.

My eyes widened as I looked over at John, who had only just regained consciousness himself.

A familiar voice echoed through the dim and damp tunnel that we were being held in.

"A book is like a magic garden carried in your pocket." The voice spoke as they stepped forward and revealed themselves to us; it was the opera singer from the Yellow Dragon Circus.

John worryingly cast his gaze over to Sarah, whom was also gagged and was sobbing quietly to herself.

Two Chinese men joined the the opera singer by her side.

"Chinese proverb, Mr. Holmes." She spoke with a slight smirk on her face.

John looked startled as he tried to sit forward. "I-I'm not Sherlock Holmes."

The opera singer smiled humourlessly as she reached down into John's jacket pocket. "Forgive me if I do not take your word for it."

John cringed in pain as the woman rummaged around a little before she pulled out his wallet.