You're All I Need.

The blade of my knife
Faced away from your heart
Those last few nights
It turned and sliced you apart
This love that I tell
Now feels lonely as hell
From this padded prison cell
"You're All I Need" // Mötley Crüe.

I've picked up on the smallest, most adorable things Slash does. When he's asleep, & something disturbs him, he scrunches his nose up like a little kid. As Slash watches TV, his facial expressions display his emotions, & it's just the cutest thing.
Finishing the pasta salad, I place the large bowl in the fridge & open a bottle of Jack, sitting beside John. It's only 8, but I woke up to do some nice stuff for Slash.
Once he's done pulling his blonde surfer hair into a bun, John's eyes meet mine, & he asks me,"How serious are you about Slash?"
A ton of bricks fall into the pit of my stomach, & I pretty much know how the conversation will go. I answer,"I love him."
"That's funny," Bitterly, John takes a long swig of his whiskey, muttering,"You love him after a day, and you wouldn't say you loved me when I worshipped the ground you walked on."
I look away, chewing anxiously on my lip,"Why are you doing this now, John?"
Suddenly, he stands up quickly, knocking the stool over. His eyes are filled with glossy tears. Screaming, he voices his feelings,"Because I have fucking loved you since we were kids, Dani. I have done everything I can to please you-"
"Like hit me?" I raise my eyebrows, waiting for his response. "You fucking hit me after you know what my childhood was like. How could I love someone who hurt me?"
"Dani!" His voice, filled with rage and regret, raises to another level. "Stop throwing that in my face! I hit you once, & you know that you basically made me do that. You are such a bitch."
"You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing," I roll my eyes, chugging the rest of my Jack, the cool liquid quenching my thirst.
Berserk, John picks his stool up & throws it across the room. It crashes into the wall, making one of the legs fall off.
"Why don't you love me?" John grabs me by the shoulders tightly, his nails digging into my flesh. His eyes plead into mine with desperation, & it's impossible to watch. "I have done everything for you. You don't even know him. He's using you. You're smarter than this. I-"
I push him off of me & stand, glaring into his eyes,"I do know him. Slash & I have more in common than you & I do. I feel something with him. He looks at me the same way I look at him. I am in love with him."
"No, you're not," John starts laughing maniacally, not accepting the truth. "You just think you love him. Everybody knows that a guy like him wouldn't go for a girl like you."
"Fuck off," I scoff, smiling at how fucking stupid he's being. "John, you asked me if I was serious about him, & I told you the truth. If you're so pissed, then leave. I don't want you here."
He stares back at me for a moment with blinding anger pouring off of his body. When he leaves, he slams the door with all of his strength.

"Babe!" Slash calls from the bedroom, & I giggle. It's almost one, & he's just now waking up.
When I get into the bedroom, he motions for me to come lay with him. Climbing under the covers, I rest my head on his chest, listening to the calming sound of his heartbeat.
"What happened with your friend?" He questions, murmuring deeply in my ear as he lightly scratches my back. "I woke up because I heard screaming, but I thought it was a dream, so I want back to bed."
Becoming relaxed and comfortable in his embrace, I answer him,"It was nothing - just stuff from the past resurfacing."
"Are you okay? I know he's your friend." The intoxicating aroma of booze and cigarettes radiates off of him, & I close my eyes, reveling in the moment.
"Fuck him," I say with certainty. "I love you & only you."