Sherlock-ette: Elementary (Chapter 2)

NOTE: THIS STORY MAY CONTAIN MILD LANGUAGE AND ADULT CONTENT

October 10th:

"What is it we're lookin' for again Mace?" asked Eric for the third time.

 "Um, I'm not entirely sure," I answered for the third time. "Something Olivia-esk, Olivia-chic, Olivia-"Okay I get it", laughed Eric, putting a finger on my lips. "Something Olivia will like".

We weren't shopping for a present by the way. As her best friend I think I have more organising skills than that. What we were doing was shopping for decorations.

"Kind of a tall order don't you think", said Eric as we waded through the unpacked boxes of the 49-Cent-Store. "She doesn't like bright colours, or pink, or glitter-"

"But she'll acuse us of stereotype-ism if we get her anything dark", I finneshed. "I don't know, maybe if we get her a banner with one of her favourite bands on..." I trailed off. Olivia had founded her band, Sadistic Fixation, and they were pretty awesome; however she had a tendency to only like bands that weren't very famous.

"Macy, we have one hour until you have to be at a lecture," said Eric. "Come on baby, let's just get the confetti and the fairy lights..."

"Don't call them fairy lights", I said quickly. "You know she hates that girly stuff".

"Party lights?" Eric suggested, a smile playing on his face.

"That's the one", I said, prodding his chest. "And Lee can definately get those strobe lights off his brother, yeah?"

"Yeah".

"And everyone knows to bring their own booze?"

"Afirmative. Macy?"

"Hmmm?" I answered, but I was already trying to remeber if I'd forgotten anything; had I remembered to switch taxi shifts with Olanda...?

"Mace?" Eric put his finger under my chin so I had to look up at him and I was soon lost in his deep blue eyes. I still couldn't believe Eric was mine. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not butt-ugly. But Eric... he really is something else. Between the perfect cheekbones, the dreamy eyes, the kissable mouth, the ruffled brown hair and, oh yeah, the freaking six pack, my boyfriend was a sex God.

"Why are you so wound up over this? And don't say it's your detective instinct for everything to be in place", he said. "Because last week you told me a detective can work in any environment."

"That was just an excuse for my dorm being messed up three days after cleaning it."

"What's up Macy?"

He'd caught me. "Okay fine", I sighed. "I think Olivia's been a little off lately, so I want this party to be perfect so she'll go back to normal."

"A little off?"

"It's probably nothing", I covered. Olivia was alright with Eric, but not enough to be okay with me talking about her to him. "Come on, let's go pay for these and head back. I want to find Lee and see those lights of his... hey, what's that?"

"You're a master of changing the subject Macy J Sherlock, ya know that?" said Eric, with one eyebrow raised.

"Yes, but listen. Amaryliss?" I could hear a shrill voice somewhere in the shop, I mean store, and we both turned out heads to the noise.

"If it is, let's get out of here", said Eric, but I'd already grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the make-up aisle, where the shouting was coming from. I ducked behind a flower display and pulled him down with me.

"Baby if you want to make out I'm all for it, but I don't think here's..."

I shushed Eric and listened. A few metres away Amaryliss was having an argument with one of the other cheerleaders, Britany Williams? Or Maybe Saska Zetama...

"And now I hear you've been screwing around with Evan! MY Evan!" shreiked Amaryliss.

"No!" protested the other girl. I took a peek. Yeah, definately Britany Williams. "You know I'm all for Brady!"

"And Todd and Spencer and Louis and Dan!" spat Amaryliss.

"Oh like you haven't done all of them too!" snapped Britany. There was the sound of a hand hitting a face.

"She's coming!" Eric whispered to me. We immediately jumped up and slid in to the next aisle just before Amaryliss stormed out.

"I'll get her", she growled under her breath.

October 11th:

I was right about thinking Olivia had been acting a little bit wierd since the summer, but at the party she was so drunk it didn't really show.

As conversions go, I think Mel and I had done a pretty good job. The sofa, I mean couch, was in the corner under the fairy lights to make a sort of love seat and we'd stuck bean bags and sheets over the slightly damper areas of the room.

"Having fun baby?" asked Eric. He'd put me up on the kitchen counter after we'd danced to Moves Like Jagger, so now I had a great veiw of Holden licking sugar of Sophie's stomach.

"Hell yeah!" I shouted, then crushed my lips down on his. I was vaguely aware of the hanful confetti he'd just grabbed and thrown over our heads.

"Want some more beer?" he asked me when we broke apart.

"You know I don't really like beer Eric", I said, sighing as his lips made there way up my neck.

"Plus I've already had-" I started, but stopped as his lips moved to my shoulder.

"Had what?" Eric teased. Just before I could answer he pulled the strap of my black dress down an inch with his teeth.

"Oh who cares?!" I cried, then kissed him. Eric laughed and scooped me up, laying me down on the 'love seat' and kissing me back passionately.

"Get some!" shouted Evan.

Mel giggled, clutching her fourth can of beer (everyone had managed to scrape for a few cans each). "Careful Eric, I don't want my little Macy getting knocked up".

"Mel!" I protested, but she'd collapsed on to a bean bag, laughing hysterically.

"I got it covered", Eric whispered.

"Bedroom?" I suggested.

"Yeah."

Just as we reached my door, however, a piercing scream sounded, followed by a few other shouts.

We ran back to the others. The music was still blaring but all the laughter, dancing and shouting had died. Standing in the doorway was Amaryliss and her main 'girlfriend', Joanna Masters. Their usually perfect hair was ruffled, their faces were covered in mascara streaked tears.... and their hands were bloody.

"B-britany... Brit.." stammered Amaryliss, her face robbed of it's usual sneer, an expression of horror in it's place.

"She's dead." whispered Joanna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Notes:

DUM DUM DUMMMMM!!! Right? Oh whatever, I like it. Please recomend to friends or something if you like it. I'm open to criticism, but please be nice, I'm only fourteen. =o)