Chapter I: The Simple

"Tell me, because I have been asking you for quite sometime... What's your name?" He asked.

"Why should I tell you?" , I said. "Why is my name so important?" 

He shook his head. "It's just your name. I haven't even started getting your number yet." He retorted. "If you will not tell me now, I'll ask you again and again until you give up and get tired of it."

I never answered. But people who pass by across the street are looking at us... Even the passengers on the bus stare at us. Darn, why does he have to ask all this in front of a restaurant during lunch time? 

He looked at me close. "Again, what's your name?" His face went nearer to mine, I can see his pupils dilating.... I got nervous.

"Fine!!!" I shouted as I got my face nearer to his. He stepped backward. He seemed surprised by my courage, he smiled. "Fine! Ok! My name is Mika... And you? What's your name?"

He never hesitated to answer. "Will."

Will... I can't remember the time I last saw him. It was years ago... I wish, I could see him again. I would not hesistate to give my name again, my number again, what's in my mind, again. However, he's nowhere to be found.

When I was young, I believed the world is small and round. That everyone would be able to see each other at one point in time. But years passed by, I never saw Will again. Maybe, the world is too big. Maybe, the world is more of a flat surface than a round mass.

But wait... Wait!!! This isn't about Will! This is about someone new, *Chris... Lately, I have placed a significant attention to *Chris, a man from the crowd I have been noticing lately. 

Why do I tell him name like this? *Chris* 

I don't really know his name. I haven't asked. Maybe, someday I will. 

So I clear it up. This is about me, and *Chris.

I am simple girl. But people also tell me that I am strange. I am still in the process of finding out why they think I am. Maybe, after reading this, you could be the one to tell me WHY I am strange. I badly need help on that.

*Chris? *Chris however, won't be called simple for me. I first saw him in a building in the place where I work. He is working from another division. He was wearing this blush pink long sleeves (what a color a guy could wear, anyway)  shirt, a light pants (almost white), a good watch and a good posture. I called him simple because of the way he carried himself. He was just quiet, not the kind of man who shows off. 

The wind blows around the building filled with grass and tall trees. I was a cloudy afternoon, cool, breezy and subtle. And there I was blown away, noticing this good-looking man approximately 15 meters away from me. And there I was wearing a white shirt, a lazy bun and a not-so-tidy shoes since it got few mud stains from the rain a while ago. I was a simple clerk in another department. 

I am a simple "gofer". You know "gofer"? "Go for this"-"Go for that". So during the time I was just beginning my work as an assistant, I would try to wear good clothes. I let down my hair in a good fashion. I'd be wearing heels and blouse matched with cardigans. I retouch my make-up every now and then. But after a few months of work, I realized that I WALK too much to wear heels so I gave it up and wore flats. Then after another few months, I have realized I RUN a lot and it makes me too sweaty to wear blouses and cardigans. It's not practical to TELEPORT from one place to another with my hair down, so I tie it in a bun. When I fix it in the morning, I let it be till my day ends. My make up in the morning is the finality of it. I don't retouch anymore. Who cares anyway? I TRAVEL MILES along  the offices and I've got too many things to do than to be "concerned" on my lipstick and powder.