Adopted by Ariana and Jai

My name is Aliyah I am 13 years old, I am african american, and I have straight brown hair. I live in a all girls foster home because my parents passed away when I was younger, but enough about me, this is the story about getting adopted by Ariana Grande and Jai Brooks.

I traced dark lines on the cold wood floor in the foster home humming a song my mom used to sing to me before she and my dad passed when I was 7 years old. I'm 13 now and still in 6 years no one has adopted me, by now I didn't really care because its usually the younger outgoing foster kids that get adopted. I used to be like that, outgoing but after my parents passed away I put myself in a shell and became shy and quiet. "Briiiiiiing!" That was the morning bell tell everyone in the foster home to wake up. "Move," the blond girl who sleeps in the bed across from me said while shoving passed me. "I'm sorry" I said quietly. I got up and walked down stairs to where we have breakfast there was oatmeal and whole wheat toast. "I'll take that," Ashley, the girl sitting next to me said taking my bowl of oat meal, "I was going to eat that" I said in a really tiny voice. "well it's mine now Aliyah, oh and by the way your never going to get adopted if you keep being such a wimp all the time."

After breakfast everyone went to their rooms to get ready because today was Wednesday which was adoption day where we all put on our best clothes and stand around in a room pretending to act Normal while couples watched us like we were zoo animals too see if they would like to adopt any of us. I put on a dress that the foster home had given me, which was at least a size too small for me and then brushed my long dark brown hair. After I was done getting ready I went down to the adoption room and stood in the same corner I did every miserable Wednesday. An hour passed and I was still in the corner watching as all the couples trying to find the newest addition to their family. A couple who looked like they were in their mid twenties looked at me and smiled and then started talking to each other about something but I couldn't exactly make out the words. After 2 hours passed a lady came into the room where all of us were and went around collecting the people who were going possibly going to be adopted. "Come with me," the lady said after a few short seconds I realized she was talking to me so I followed her to a room where the couple who smiled at me were sitting.

"Hi sweety" the woman said to me smiling. "I'm Ariana" she said "And I'm Jai" the man said. "Hi I'm Aliyah" I said quietly. "Well Aliyah me and Jai saw you in the room and we thought that you stood out more than anyone else in the room and we thought you would be the most perfect addition to our family" Ariana said excitedly, "If you want" Jai added. "I would love that" I beamed. This was the first time in a long time I had actually smiled. "Great!" Ariana and Jai said "Pack your bags and get everything ready and we will be here tomorrow morning to pick you up."

This is the first part of my story I hope you like it I will add more tomorrow!