The Crash- Chapter 2

In and out.

            In.

            Out.

            I had forgotten how to breathe. As the hospital neared, I felt a sense of relief. We were going to make it. When I carried my dad into the cab, goth boy didn't even bat an eye, he started driving to the nearest hospital at an alarming but necessary speed.

            I repeatedly checked my dad's pulse, it was managing to get slower. I did something I hadn't done in a while, I prayed for him. Funny how the worst situations can have you asking for help of someone you weren't even sure existed. As the hospital came into view, I started to prepare myself for what was coming next.

            Goth guy drove right passed the hospital.

          "What the hell are you doing?"

           He sped up as if oblivious to my shouting, in the direction of a dead-end.

           I saw the dead-end coming closer.

           I shrieked.

           The space between us and the wall was shrinking.

           I continued to yell, pound, and scream, trying to get this man with a dying wish to stop the car. Like we were headed in the direction of a wall.

           A wall.

           A WALL.

           I was going to die.

          My father was going to die.

          We would never see the next episode of The Vampire Diaries (I don't have priorities okay?).

          I braced myself for the impact of the wall.

          I braced myself for the impact of death.

         It never came.

         We went straight through the wall! Like actually through. Like actually platform 9 ¾ style. That's it, I was officially going crazy. Or my Hogwarts letter had truly been lost and I was a wizard (I'm open to possibilities). Or maybe I was dreaming. Was I dreaming? Yeah, I was dreaming. I pinched myself.

        Not a dream.

        Next thing I knew, car doors were flying open, hands were reaching in. I was pulled out, my father was pulled out. EVERYONE WAS BEING PULLED OUT. He was taken on a stretcher and I was put on a couch. A stretcher?

        Is this what death felt like?