Chapter Forty Five

((Hello everyone I am back!! This has been a crazy week and I want to apologize for how long it's been since I updated!! But I am back now, so I hope that you all enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment!))

I jump backward, my heart stopping on my chest as her eyes flash open. My blood runs cold and I find myself rooted to the floor, paralyzed with fear. She slowly sits up, a dazed expression on her face as she props herself up on her elbows.

And that's when her emerald green eyes lock with mine.

I can't even utter a word. This is all just too creepy.

She stares at me unblinkingly, as if she is possessed.

"Um...hello?" Eve says.

No reply.

Eve takes a step forward towards her, when suddenly she says,

"The Blair Institute is for the greater good."

I jump again. Her voice sounds exactly like mine.

"What did you just say?" Eve asks.

"The Blair Institute is for the greater good," she says robotically.

I swallow hard, beginning to sweat.

"They're not for the greater good," I murmur under my breath.

"What did you just say?" she asks me, her eyes burning into mine.

This is so strange; I am literally talking to myself.

'I said, the Blair Institute is not for the greater good. They are evil people. And you're not even a real person; they created you to..."

But before I can finish, Tessa #2 jumps off of her bed and grabs me, slamming me against the wall.

Hard.

I scream as she violently puts her hands around my neck, her fingernails digging into my skin.

"What did you just say?" she shouts maniacally.

I kick her, trying to get her off of me, but instead she squeezes her hands around my neck harder. She is going to kill me.

Then suddenly, just when I think that I cannot take another breath, there is a loud crash as Tessa #2 falls to the ground. Breathlessly, I look up to see Eve standing over her body. She looks up at me, then asks,

"Are you okay?" Eve asks.

Yeah. It's not like I almost just got choked to death by my clone.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I lie.

Rubbing my neck, I look down at her. She is definitely out cold. Blood pools out of her nose, staining the white floor.

"Let's get out of here," Eve says.

I have no objection to that. Quickly, we rush over towards the door. All that I want to do is get out of this room and as far away from my clone as I can. When I grab the door handle, I look down to see that my hands are trembling violently. I twist the knob and pull the door open, walking through the doorway. After Eve comes out behind me, we both turn around and quietly close the door shut.

"I'm sorry Tessa. That was a bad idea; we should not have done that," Eve says.

"Yeah, it wa,s" a voice says curtly from behind us.

I jump and turn to see a shadowy figure standing up in the darkness. Immediately, I know who it is.

Ian.