3

Song: Haunting by Halsey

Patrick's POV

I enter the kitchen and make some coffee putting some sugar and cream in it.

Later that day I decide to call Brendon over.

We sit in the living room on the couch sharing some chips.

"So, is this your escape?" He asks.

"From what?" I ask him.

"From your past, you know to get away from it" he says with a mouthful of chips.

"Yeah, I guess so" I shrug.

"What's your story, if you don't mind me asking of course" he says.

"I um, I was in a, abusive relationship. The first time he went off he apologized and said that he would change, being the idiot I am I allowed him back into my life and he went off again. That time I ended up in the hospital and spent a week there with a broken rib a purple bruises scattering my body. I just needed to get away from him. Hopefully he won't find me here" I take a deep breath.

"Wow, I'm sorry Patrick, what was his name just in case he shows up" Brendon asks.

"His name was Mikey (AN: I'm sorry) he's tall with blond hair" I tell him.

"Well I guess I should tell you my story since you told me yours. My mom and dad gave me up to these people when I was about fifteen. They just didn't want me. A few years later I moved out and found a guy. His name was Ryan. I was so happy with him, but after four years of being with him. He told me he had cancer. I stayed with him knowing I couldn't leave him. A few months after he told me he passed away. I couldn't find an escape. For months I wouldn't get out of my room. My friend Sarah decided to help me and she did. I found a guy named Dallon and now he's my world. I love him so much. Now we're married and I couldn't be happier. The lights that burn brightest are the one who burn the fastest" he explains.

"You're doing better and that's all that matters Brendon. As long as you're happy you know he's happy" I pat his shoulder.

"Thanks Patrick, I hope you find someone who'll care for you like Ryan did for me" I hug him.

We pull back and change the subject.

I hope things will change.