Grimmjow's Jealousy

Grimmjow couldn't just sit there any more. He had been standing there fuming with hate for a few minutes now after Hichigo flipped him off and went deep into the cave with Esarosa. He couldn't stand the idea of them alone together, not with her warming up to him like she was.'Why doesn't she want me? What does that freak have that I don't?' He thought, as he began to inspect himself.

He ran his hand through his hair and inspected his best physical assets. 'That should be more than acceptable, I think,' he continued his thoughts from there with a mental run-down of his qualities and abilities. 'She was fawning all over me before! What the hell changed?!' He screamed internally, unable to find the answer, and growled to himself. He couldn't think straight.

"Grimmjow! I'm staying in here!" He heard her shout from within the cave. He didn't have the will to respond. 'I'm losing her. Who knows what he's said or done to convince her to stay in there...' This thought caused him to clench his fists and grit his teeth, as tears of anguish and fury welled up in his eyes. His mind had gone wild with thoughts of what he could be doing to her while he was standing guard for them. He couldn't take it any more and entered the cave without another word or thought.

He could see them now, the light of the fire casting a soft glow on them, Ichigo, and the cave walls. Her sleeping face was peaceful, not a perfect sight to behold, but it might as well have been to him. He noticed then that she was laying there with Hichigo spooning her while they laid under his kimono. It didn't even register that this wasn't the worst he could've seen them doing; He wanted wanted him off of her.

He stomped over to wear Hichigo was laying and got on his knees, while reaching for Hichigo's throat. He wrapped both of his hands around his neck and squeezed, trying to kill him as quietly as possible.

Hichigo woke up, alarmed, and saw Grimmjow choking him out of the corner of his eye. He glared at him as he struggled to breathe, he couldn't speak and was barely managing to gurgle and wheeze. In an effort to breathe again, he swung his fist to hit Grimmjow in the jaw, but failed.

The two of them had failed to notice that Esarosa had awoken and was in a state of both panic and rage. She drew her sword and struck Grimmjow in his left arm, causing him to lose his grip and let Hichigo go. "Hichigo, I'm sorry. As the wounded party here, I should have allowed you to make the first strike, but I'm sure understand considering the circumstances. If he wants to fight you so badly, I suggest you both get it out of your system so that we can get this out of the way," she said, her voice shaking, almost snarling out the words.

She grabbed Ichigo and motioned for the two men to go in front of her and exit the cave. Grimmjow went first, applying pressure to the wound she had left on his arm as he exited the cave. Hichigo and Esarosa followed, while Hichigo was rubbing his neck and fuming with rage.

Once outside in the ever present light of the moon, Grimmjow and Hichigo took fighting stances facing each other as Esarosa stood to the side so as not to interfere. She laid Ichigo down by her feet and watched silently as the fight began.

To be continued...