Chapter Six

** Sorry for such a sloow update. I've had mock exams, and Halloween and Bonfire Night... I'll put a few chapters up this morning. :) Wow, I think this is my first Authors note. I don't liek it. it distracts you from the story, so I'll let you get back tot hat now, seeing as it's what you wanna read, not me rambling on... Enjoy ;) **

Shayne parks the car outside his house and looks over at me.

“I don’t want to go inside,” I say quietly, unwilling to face the craziness in my house.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Lila,” Shayne says gently, kissing me softly.

“About fucking time,” Luca says, banging on the window next to me, making jump out of my skin.

“I know, right?” Shayne grins at his brother.

“Sorry, Lila, but I told your parents that you were on a date,” Luca tells me.

“You did what?” I cry.

“They were getting freaked out. You cut school twice, after all,” he chides.

“You dragged me out of school,” I remind him.

“Okay, I guess I’ll come in and explain,” he sighs.

“You’re going to tell her parents that she’s a government agent working for a top secret branch of the British government. Now, I have got to see that,” Shayne mutters.

“No. They think I work for MI6, right? I’ll tell them she’s doing desk work to start her career there.”

“Nice idea,” I say, getting out of the car as he opens the door.

“Hide the gun,” he tells me, putting his arm over my shoulder.

“Get your hands off my girl,” Shayne jokes.

“I’m not your girl, you don’t own me,” I half snarl.

He pulls me close, making me blind and deaf to my surroundings again. “As far as other guys are concerned, you are all mine,” he murmurs, nibbling my earlobe.

“If you say so. Good night,” I smile sweetly, kissing his cheek before skipping into the house.

“Your curfew is ten o’clock madam!” Mum shouts, racing into the hall. “Oh, hi Luca. Why are you so late?” She demands, turning on me again.

“It’s 9:58,” I say, holding my phone in front of her face.

“You bunked off school!”

“I’m not going back. I’m sitting my A levels and working for MI6,” I say, confident that it will shut her up.

“This was your idea!” She yells at Luca, who tries very hard to suppress the grin on his face.

“Mum, calm down,” I say warily.

“No! You can’t be a cop! You haven’t been trained!” She exclaims.

“It’s just deskwork, mum.”

“No! You’re not doing it!”

I can literally feel something inside of me snap. “Dad!” I scream.

“What? What’s going on?” He asks, rushing out of the living room.

“Deal with her!” I demand.

“She’s quitting school to do deskwork for MI6!” Mum sobs.

“Working your way from the bottom?” dad asks, an impressed look on his face. He’s a police officer and is probably very proud that I’m going into law enforcement.