Chapter 9

Tell me what you think! And if I should continue! Share this with your friends or strangers on the internet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Making my way up to her flat, I noticed the large over-sized sign that hung from it.

It read in bold letters 'RENOVATION.'

I sighed, but heaved my way up the steps, to her front door. By-passing any workers, as they all gave me strange looks, but I kept going.

Entering her space that once was filled with laughter and joy, was now dull and dead. The walls had been painted over, to a dull plain white. The furniture being heaved out by the body-building men that entered and existed. But the one thing they hadn't touched yet-was her room.

As I made my way over, the sweet smell of her fragrance.

Vanilla.

He took in her smell once more, before pulling out her diary. Twisting it in between hishands, contemplating whether to give it up-or keep it. Harry had recognized every little detail of her room the first time he came here with her. He never wanted to forget it, or for it to be forgotten.

Taking a quick look around, everything was as it used to be. The teddy bear, still there from Valentine's Day. Her colorful covers, along with her walls. Her book shelf still intact, her favorite book sitting not on the book shelf, but on her desk.

The Fault in our Stars.

It was her favorite book. She loved how it wasn't perfect-but yet-in its own way, it was.

Sitting down at the chair by her desk, he set down the diary. Staring at it for what felt like a lifetime, but was really only seconds if not minutes. He opened it, turning to the page he left off at.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Dear Diary, Harry knew I was broken...he knows I'm hurting from the inside out. He would sit with me in my hospital bed, right beside me, keeping me warm. I remember what he said too, which made me realize he knew.

"I will kiss the scars upon your skin in hopes of healing the heart inside your chest." He whispered, just barely audible, as he kissed up and down my arms. After that he sung a lullaby, one of his bands songs. What was it? Little Things...one of my favorites.

I know you've never loved
The sound of your voice on tape
You never want
To know how much you weigh
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But you're perfect to me

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true
It's you,
It's you they add up to
I'm in love with you
And all these little things

You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you
And you'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to.
If I let you know I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you, oh.

That was it, the end of the book. The rest were blank pages and what looked to be pages that had been torn out.

But where were those pages?

I dug through everything, desperate to find those pages. I clawed through the closets, moved the furniture, through every draw, still not finding it. By the time I was finished looking, the room looked like a hurricane had swept through it. But it was all a waste, the pages were nowhere to be found.

A sigh of exhaustion escaped Harry's parched lips. Fighting all the will power in his being to keep searching, he finally gave in and headed home.

Arriving upon the flat, he ran into Liam standing hastily outside the doorway for him.

Walking past him and brushing his shoulder slightly, he kept a blank stare towards the stairs.

"Harry!" Liam's voice rose up from behind. "You can't keep this up! We all know you're hurting, we get it, okay? But seeing you hurting, is hurting us. It's hurting not only the boys but your mum and all your friends and family, but most of all your fans."

"You know, Liam. She told me that you should always be careful in who you open up too. Some people care, others? Their just curious." Harry hasn't even turned around to look at Liam as he kept his pace for the door. Liam gripped Harry's shoulder as tight as he possibly could, but Harry wouldn't budge, let alone turn around.

"Well curious or not, they're the only support you have left."