My Dear Beloved; Walking Down A Lonely Road

Chapter One -
My Dear Beloved;
Walking Down A Lonely Road

I felt my feet drag below me, losing their grip on the dirt below me. They seemed to be near the breaking point. Getting away was the main focus in my brain. It shouldn't have been this bad!

My tail was stuck in the walls of my hut. Don't ask how, because I have no clue how that happened. But it did. Grumbling about how I should just cut my tail off, I realized I could cut the house.

Today I was supposed to leave. The villagers weren't too found of me once they saw my tail and ears. Their faces were hilarious when I told them point blankly that I was a wolf demon. That gave me a good laugh that day. I will be leaving after I cut out my tail.

Finally using my dagger to cut the hut, I noticed that there was a little boy in the doorway. He looked curious and shy. Feeling my tail come loose, I pulled it close to me and then dropped it, since it would just drag on the floor anyways.

"I can see you, you know." The boy shrunk in the empty door frame. He slowly crept in.

"You're pretty cool." He then whispered afterwards, "Scary, but cool."

I chuckled a little, and decided to scare him a little. Putting on my angriest face I spoke in an angry tone,"I could hear everything you said about me being scary."

Once again he ran out the doorway once I held my hand up and attempted to coax him over. I guess my claws scared him.

Whatever. I have a full day ahead of me. Grabbing my bag, I felt the soreness in my tail. It's embarrassing to think that I was delayed by woven straw. My eyes scanned the room one last time before I left, leaving the cut out straw on the ground.

Step after step. Nothing but the ugly forest. When will it go away? I just want to see the sun~.

The crunch of leaves and branches ahead of me left me tensed. Who was it? Using my nose to sniff them out, I noticed it was a human boy. He had some sort of armor on. A miniature scythe could be seen in his hand. I feel like I've seen it before, a super long time ago.

Scoffing, I jumped into a tree and passed him via the branches. He seemed to be a demon-hunter by his outfit. I'd seen them a few times in my life, but they never really bothered me. Seems as though they don't want to take me on alone.

Running through the branches I finally arrived at a field. Setting down my bag, I realized how much time had passed since I was in that never-ending forest. It was early afternoon already.

"I'm hungry~" I whined to no one in particular.

"I guess I'll have to go catch something," My eyes glinted with hunger, I dashed off.

○○○

My eyes widened in delight as I bit into the rabbit. I felt rejuvenated as the deliciousness was on an overload. That's when I started choking.

"Blagh-wha-" My fit of coughing didn't end for another few good minutes.

Somehow I had made it down to a stream and washed out my throat. Relief covered me like a warm blanket as I headed back up the hill to my stuff. I grabbed my bag and the rest of the rabbit. It was already late, and I couldn't afford to be in the open at night. Not even if I was the strongest in my lineage could I stand up to more than fifty lesser demons at once. Maybe if it was an almost one-on-one fight then I could win, but demons don't play nice. But that wasn't what bothered me.

I guess that's what bothers me the most now.

That I am alone.

「○○○」

A/N; How'd you like it? Different? I can start making longer chapters if you guys want. Chapter Two is on its way. ;)