The Prayer That Changes Everything.

Luke crawls into bed, like he does every night, and folds his hands over his chest and closes his eyes and begins to pray.

"Dear God,
I know I've been talking to you a lot lately and...and I just feel so lost. With Andy dying and Kyla not liking me, I am just so lost. I miss my brother  everyday and I never thought that I could miss her this much. Not getting to think of a gift idea for mom for  Mother's Day with him was really hard and to top it off my ex wants me back now. I can't handle this anymore God. I'm asking you for not only strength, but I'm asking you for someone to help me find the strength I need."

"I know that's a lot to ask of you,  but can you give me a sign? Can you have that person make a drastic change, like cutting or dying their hair or dressing differently. Anything that's drastic enough that it is super noticeable."

"Again, I know I'm asking a lot of you. And I know I should just turn to you for guidance, but I need someone to comfort me and help me and be patient and kind with me. And, although you offer me all of those, I crave a person's touch, as strange as that sounds."

"I love you so much God and I know that you will only do what is best for me and you will only do what I need. So, I trust you to make this decision. I will always love you and cherish you and praise you."

"Well, that's all I can think of to say now God. So...Amen!!"

And for the first since Andy died, Luke felt at peace and was happy. He quickly fell asleep.