Chapter VII

"Memory and forgetfulness are as life and death to one another. To live is to remember and to remember is to live. To die is to forget and to forget is to die."

—Samuel Butler

(I updated 2 chapters today! I hope you enjoy the first chapter I updated! ;) don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, and SHARE this story with your friends!)

Chapter Seven

BACK TO LAYLA..

Darkness was present, and light was absent. I was completely overwhelmed by the darkness, it felt like I was imprisoned by it. I didn't count how many seconds I just entered the world of darkness, it was useless. What the heck is going? Oh yeah, I remembered that I passed out in Tasha's car.

I should wake up... wake up or something..

I forgot to tell Tasha, but I knew it wasn't necessary, because it rarely happens.. and I'm afraid of her, discovering my hideous past, I wanted her to wait..

I just don't know how to confess and explain..

And then, I felt another pang of darkness hit me...

I see the sun shining as I covered my eyes with both of my hands, the sunlight was too bright that it actually almost blinded my eyes. As far as I know, this is going to be one hot weather today. Recently, I saw the news last night and heard that it's going to be a pretty hot summer day today. And they were correct. It is hot today. I saw a familiar figure in front of me, it was a girl with raven Black hair. Her hair was wavy and long, it stopped at her waist. She was standing, her back was in front of me..

Her height was so familiar, just like mine, her skin was familiar, just like mine.. especially, her hair colour.. it was just like my natural hair before I dyed it brunette. She was murmuring something and I heard footsteps from behind me. I spun around quickly and saw a familiar face. It was a guy, of course. It was the guy at my class... he had his hair cut shortly, but his dirty-blonde hair shone from the sunlight, and his steely gray eyes looked so happy that I didn't remember the gloom in it when I first met, well, when I bumped into him.

His steely gray eyes was filled with life and happiness, I was confused all of a sudden. I narrowed my eyes as he walked past me, he was walking at my direction. I widened my eyes as his touch didn't touch me at all as he walked directly towards the black-haired girl. I saw his hands touched the pale porcelain skin of the girl, I heard her familiar giggle. It sounded so familiar, like it was mine. I furrowed my eyebrows, I felt confused again and again.

The black-haired girl finally turned around, my eyes widened like saucers. No, no.. it can't be.. the girl was me.. when I was thirteen.. did I know this guy? Who is he anyway? I don't even remember him in the past. What is happening?

The black-haired girl smiled, like my smile when I was younger. "Oh, Ty. Why do you have to scare me? It isn't funny, you know." She said when the guy chuckled, she was trying to scold him like he was just a five-year-old child.. but her lips were smiling all the way when she scold him..

I don't remember this.. is this a memory of mine?

"It doesn't matter, you're smiling anyway,"  he said as he put away his nerdy glasses. He caressed her rosy cheeks and pecked it. What the heck is going on??? He grinned, his grin was so contagious and beautiful that I couldn't help but smile back and enjoy the scene in front of me.

Maybe, this is just a dream or maybe this is the past that I forgotten.. I remembered having brain damage when I had that accident... I don't care anymore, I just want to enjoy the moments that I forgotten from the past.. so, why not see it now before I wake up from this memory that I haven't seen and remembered before.