iv.

More time passed and my eyes stayed glued to the barrier that restrained me from the outside world.

The hours, and maybe days that went by didn't seem as long. My thoughts were buzzing. At this point I was sure of few things. One being Anakin couldn't be trusted. The other being Anakin also brought up valid points in our last chat. It was very perplexing.

My Father tortured the scum of our planet, and in my eyes they all deserved it. But Anakin was right what my Father, the King was doing wouldn't bring back my Mother. By the looks of it, nothing he did was for the benefit of Alaspin's people. For the first time in my life, I was unsure of where my loyalties lie.

The man who took my trays of food came in and out regularly. Each time I would request to speak with Anakin. Each time he would laugh in my face.

Eventually, another man entered. I didn't recognize him. He was tall, but not as tall as Anakin. My intial impression of him was that he genuinely wished to assist me.

"Are you a rescue?" I asked, hopefully.
"I'm afraid not, but I hear you keep asking for Anakin?" He said, curiously. "Yes." I confirmed.

"Why do you wish to speak with him?" The man further probed. "I need his help." I vaguely explain.

The man sighs. "I'll go get him."

He exits the brig, leaving me alone. I begin pacing. I wondered if this what I really wanted to do. Everything would change if I went through with this. Was I ready for that?

Anakin entered. "Hello Princess." He said. I didn't have time to scold him, this would be hard enough to say without tangents. "I was thinking about what you were saying. Although I don't trust you, I think some of what you said may be true and is worth looking into for myself." I began.

"I knew you'd come around." Anakin replied, smugly. "Listen, I want to fake my death. I want you to make sure my Father watches it happen. I want to know his reaction, and that is when I can decide on what I believe." I finished rambling.

"Nola we can't risk an attack in retaliation." Anakin was conflicted. "If your claims are true, my Father won't care enough to counterattack." I attempted to convince him. He sighed, I didn't think it was working.

"Anakin, please. You have to help me. I need to know the truth. If I don't find out it's a lifetime of confinement in here or a lifetime of confinement in that Palace. I personally don't want either." I continued to persist.

"I'll see what I can do, but don't count on anything." Anakin said, and left.

I was so frustrated. I didn't know how to go about this and if my plan did happen what would I do then?

I got on frigid slab that served as a bed. I went back and forth with myself for a few more times before I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

When I woke up, I wasn't in my cell. I pinched myself at least once to make sure it wasn't a dream. Not a soul was near, which alarmed me just slightly.

"Hello?" I called out, and cautiously rose to my feet. I heard footsteps and I turned quickly to see who it was. The spot where the noise came from was empty. I turned away.

I heard more noises, and pair of hands rested on my shoulders. I put my hand over my mouth to prevent any noise from escaping. I felt myself being spun around, only to be faced by Anakin.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Don't do that. This whole situation is frightening enough as is." I lectured. "I'm sorry Princess. I'm glad to see you awake." He said.

"Why am I not in my cell?" I questioned. "Do you want to go back in there?" Anakin teased. "I'm just confused. What's happening?" I further inquired. "How could you be confused this is your plan, Princess." He answered.

"Stop calling me Princess. I don't like - Wait my plan? My plan? Are we meeting with my Father?" I enthused. It was a thrilling sensation to have my ideas heard. That's never really happened before.

"You know Nola, for a second there I thought you made me go through all of that trouble for nothing."

The meeting with my Father occured shortly after. Anakin and the other man I spoke with earlier would be doing the talking. My job was to hide behind empty storage crates and listen.

It wasn't a hard task, but these circumstances made me nervous.

"King Drayson.." I heard Anakin speak up. "Enough with the titles. I'm here to make a deal." Father replied.

"King Drayson..." Anakin repeated.

"I would like my daughter back." My Father stated. This made me hopeful. "And why is that?" I could tell Anakin was going to try and prove me wrong.
"My people grow angrier by the minute! Without a sweet and innocent figure, I'll be overthrown within the matter of weeks!" King Drayson exclaimed.

I frowned. This wasn't true. It couldn't be.

"We are on opposite sides of this war. How would returning the Princess to you benefit the Republic?" Anakin posed.

"I'm not here for games you insolent Jedi! Where is my daughter?Who knows what could be happening while I've been away from Alaspin! I need her! Give me Nola!" I could tell how exasperated my Father was becoming. I wanted to help him, but I needed to remember what he had just said.

"King Drayson. You have oppressed your people for far too long, and it is not in the interest of the Republic to secure Seperatist Empire's. I find your tactics disgusting which is why today you will learn that your tyranny will not go unpunished."

This was it.

My life is going to change forever, and I have to sit by hoping things go as planned.