Chapter 4

I stared at him for a while, waiting for his somber face to change, but it didn’t. “Are you serious?” I asked in disbelief even though I knew he was. He nodded once and stared at me; waiting. But I could only stare back at him, unsure of what was happening. With a sigh, he swiftly crashed his head into the wall, making another deafening thud and causing blood to drip from his head and onto the dirt floor. He paused once, and looked up at me. His eyes looked slightly pained, despite the challenging gleam they held. They challenged me to do something; to stop him. My mind shut down for a moment from pure shock, but I shook myself and turned to the task at hand.

But what should I do, I thought frantically as I brought my eyes back up to his face. He was in pretty bad shape.

His dark hair was matted with cement residue and blood. The wall behind him was decorated with a wide bloody crack, small clumps of black hair and dark red squirts of blood sliding down towards the growing pool of blood he was sitting in.

His face was heavily contorted with pain, and streaked with the blood running freely from his temple, His movements were slow and his breathing shallow, yet he continued.

But why? Why was he doing this? For me……No…No, it couldn’t be. I didn’t want this. I wanted him to stop; I needed his to stop. He was hurting himself for no reason and I–

My mental rambling was cut short when I felt something warm and wet hit my exposed skin. My eyes refocused once again and shot down towards my leg. I stared in horror at the speck of blood sitting there. That…. That was the last straw, I had to stop this.

“Stop” I squeaked my voice small and unsteady. I lifted my head and met his smug yet pained eyes. He’d turned towards me, yet he continued. I squeezed my eyes shut, afraid to see anymore.

“Stop” I said even softer, if that was possible. My eyes squeezed shut with tears welding up.

“No” his voice was soft like mine, yet if was full of power and strength.

“Please” I breathed, on the brink of crying.

“No” he repeated.

“Please, stop” I screamed, wrenching my eyes open, and raising my head to face him, as the tears began to fall. In the back of my mind, I wondered why I was crying for him, but I pushed it out of my head because it had made him stop. He looked me dead on, blood everywhere, and said, “I will, if you tell me your name”. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So whatcha think. Comment, vote, whatever. Thanks