Chapter 2

I first awoke to the laughter of a mad man. The sound was dark and dry, as if he laughed at something not really funny. I tried to open my eyes, but they felt like weights, I attempted to rearrange my head, but found that was a bad idea. My head began to throb with every move I made, and my brain felt foggy front the drugs. Not wanting to risk the pain, I left my head where it was and my eyes closed. In the middle of cursing, the bastard that brought me here, where ever that was, trying to avoid moving, and listening to the man's dark laughter, I drifted back to sleep.

I awoke next to the harshness of a grimy hand wrenching my mouth open and shoving a foul smelling liquid down my throat. The liquid was sticky, like tar, and tasted just as bad, if not worse, but it quenched the hunger and thirst I had not known I'd had. It also had chased away the foggy feeling in my brain.

Before I could even react to the harshness or the relief, the hand was gone and I heard footsteps walking away. I tried to call out to them; ask them where I was, why I was here and why I was still alive, but I couldn't speak, I couldn't move and I still couldn't open my eyes.

Then I heard the mad man begin to laugh again, deep and rich, causing the footsteps to stop abruptly. The madman paused and the footsteps started again. Then he started laughing again, mockingly, and the footsteps once again stopped, but the laughter didn't. It was a moment before I heard the footsteps again, but they weren't going further away, they were coming back towards me, brisk and angry.

I instantly began to panic. I tried to pull my arms down next to my body but the sound of rattling stopped me. My eyes still wouldn't open so I used my ears instead. I shook my arm again and found that it had been caused by me. I shook my other arm and heard the same sound, the rattling of chains. I again attempted to pull them around myself and found that they couldn't go past my head.

I let my arms hang in defeat, knowing I was utterly helpless with these chains on. The footsteps stopped in front of me and the feeling of a presence hovering over me made me freeze. But it was suddenly gone and I heard the sound of a hard slap next to me, cutting the mad man's laughter short.

The person cursed deeply in a foreign language, and I could tell it was a man. He turned towards me again and I could feel him hovering over me. He grabbed my mouth again and shoved more liquid down my throat. This time it burned my throat and brought back the fussiness in my brain.

"Rest," I heard him say before I once again drifted off to sleep.

Again I ask to comment and vote. Thanks :D