The Lone Star

[NOT MY AU, IT WAS BASED OFF OF MindDemon 's BOOK/AU!! GO READ THEIR'S ITS AWESOME!!!]

"It's not like he's growing out of this doctor!" I could hear my mom shout through the thick walls of the doctors office. I sat in the waiting room, a few other teenagers in there with me as well. They all mostly had black or multi-colored hair and thick eyeliner on and sat around on their phones with bored expressions and headphones on. I was the only one here with a red hoodie and normal brown hair and brown eyes. I felt entirely plait here, why was I even here? My parents mostly refuse to tell me that so I just talk to a random stranger about my normal life. It's sorta stupid, to be honest. I sigh as the TV above me cracks a little, playing an underaged show quietly. I stare out at the boring room, there were plenty of chairs sitting against the walls of the square room with a few extra rusty office doors in it. The desk is on the same wall as the main door. You usually couldn't hear people taking in the offices, but you could if you were still enough and the person was shouting loud enough.
"This place is so depressing." A voice jingles through my ears like sleigh bells. "I mean, they would live it up with some yellow or chartreuse! Don't ya think, Marco?"
I don't answer, I just tuck my lips between my teeth and try not to smile again.
Out of the corner of my eye, I can see her mass of blond hair shift as her head tilts to get a better look at my shagging head.
"Are you ignoring me?" She says like a puppy locked out of a bacon factory.
I nod my head softly, so no one could really see. She wasn't supposed to be hear with me, after all.
She pulls her pink boots up to her chest and I look to see her bury her eyes in her knees. "I knew it! I'm so so so sorry I really shouldn't have convinced you to skip class!"
I laugh a little and can't help to say softly. "It's not your fault, it was fun." I look up to see someone look at me peculiarly and I quickly look back down. Talking in this waiting room was something that rarely happened, since most teens were hear for social anxiety or whatever.
"Yeah but it still gotchu in trouble with your family. I feel baaaad." She puts her knees down and sits up and my eyes can't help but follow her, meeting her blue ones.
I laugh out of habit, she has a way of making me feel better. Every time I saw her shimmering ocean eyes it just makes me happy inside, made me almost feel whole in a sense. She made me believe that magic was real again, I always seemed to feel like a kid when she appears.
"You're amazing." I whisper with a smile and she lets out a chipper laugh.
"I'm as amazing as you make me." She winks with a kissy face, and I hear the office door open. My attention is grabbed by that familiar sound and I turn away from her for barely a second, and she's gone.
"Good." I think to myself.
"Same time on Tuesday?" The psychologist asks, almost rhetorically. My parents turn to me, they had added a half an hour into my appointments so they could talk to the doctor without me. Funny, it's usually the other way around.
I look up with a bland expression and meet my mom's big brown eyes. She turns to the psychologist. "Can we make it three times a week, actually?"
"Great." I think as I grip the edge of my chair. "They increased it again."
"Sure thing." He smiles and they have an adult talk and I feel depressed again. My soul is in my stomach, and my head has faded. What a life im living, huh?
"Don't be upset!" I hear Star's voice ring through my head. I sit up quickly and see her at the door, peaking her head in and smiling, leaving with haste. The door closes silently behind her and I'm left with a smile plastered on my face.
"Marco?" I hear my dad say.
"What?" I reply immediately on instinct.
"What are you... Uh... smiling about?"
I shiver my smile away, "Nothing. Just thinking."
"You're not uh..." He strokes his non-existent beard on his square chin. I knew what he was talking about, my parents thought I spent too much time with Star and would probably blow up if I said she was here.
I shake my head, lying is probably for the best, even if it did used to leave a sour taste in my mouth.
"Okay then." My dad sounds unconvinced and he leads me out after my mom finishes adding another day onto my ever-cycle of psycologistic hell. We all leave, get into the car, drive all the way home, enter the house and I make it to my room without a word.
"You're back!" Star leaps into me but I'm too tired to support her and I fall to the ground.
"You're such a creep!" I stick out my tongue as I wrestled her off of me. Sometimes it was nice to be stupid with a friend and let go, that's when the best memories are made.
"So how's life?" Star asks as she bounces off of me and slides into my desk chair spinning.
I shut the door to my room tight. "Good. And you?"
"I'm only as good as you are!" She proclaims as she sits upside down in the chair. "I wish you wouldn't lie to me, Marco."
I rub the back of my neck. "Okay okay. Life is horrible for me."
"I know." She wiggles the chair so it's by my bed and she pats it, still upside down.
I sit down, "It's just, I want it to just be you and me, or at least get to spend more time with you. At least I wish you got to come to school with me."
"Yeah I get it." She smiles. "But we get to spend now together, and that's all that really matters."
I feel everything blush, I sorta wanted to kiss her. "Yeah, nothing like the present."
She spins in her chair and pulls on my red hoodie sleeve. "Hi," she bears her teeth in a smile.
"Hey!" I say and randomly add, "You're like the only person who understands me. Why is that?"
She winks, "You understand you, and you're a person."
"You always know what to say."
"Marco!" My mom called. "Dinner!"
"I'll be hear waiting!" Star smiles and spins on the chair.
I sigh heavily and slide off my bed onto the cracking wood floor. I push the desk chair away and slump down the stairs. After what my parents put me through, they shouldn't know I have an ounce of happiness in me.
"It's spaghetti night!" My dad says with a smile as I slide into my seat and stare at the steam as it rises silently from the plate. As silent as Star, man I miss her. It may sounds creepy and obsessive for me to keep thinking about her but she enjoyed being as creepy with me as I am with her. I definitely loved her, she was my only friend. She's always been my only friend. When everyone else called me crazy, she believed every word that left my mouth. When people teased me, she made him feel better. She was amazing and spiracular in every way but no one understood me, which left me friendless and alone.
"Marco?" My mom says. I jump a little and look up.
"Hm?" I respond.
"Are you gonna eat?" She asks.
I look around the table to see my dad beginning to settle down in his chair and the forth chair we had on our table completely deserted.
"Hey why are there only 3 plates out?" I ask, my mouth speaking before my brain could process anything.
"Because there is only three of us." My mom says sternly. "There has always been three of us."
Something wasn't adding up, my head was beginning to feel fuzzy but I just kept talking and talking and talking.
"But like, Star's upstairs and I think it's rude to not have a plate for her." I point out. Why wasn't there a plate for her in the first place again?
My mom grips her fork with white and red knuckles, "I'm sorry Marco, why would there be a forth plate?"
"Because..." My brain was failing me, why wasn't Star coming downstairs again? Why didn't my parents know about her? "Because of Star! My best friend, Star Butterfly? She's upstairs! Remember? We were supposed to hang out today but I had the doctors so she came with, remember? I've known her for years, remember? Why don't you remember!?"
"Marco sit down!" My dad orders. I realized I had stood up, my chair was knocked over on the floor and my hand had smashed into my bowl of pasta.
I turn away, wiping the butter from my hand on my hoodie and I begin to climb the stairs, "Here I'll go upstairs and get her! She can have my plate I'm not-"
"MARCO DIAZ SIT DOWN!" My mom orders with an edge as she stands up suddenly.
"N-no!" I say shakily. "No I'm going to get Star first." My mom was grinding her teeth sharply as I take another step.
"No Marco!" She shouts sternly, "Come back here now!"
"No!" I retort.
"You are not going upstairs to get Star!"
"Why not!?"
"Because-"
"Angie..." My dad warns.
"WHY... NOT!?" My face was redder than ever, my hands gripped the banister tightly, "WHY CANT I BE WITH MY ONE FRIEND!?"
"MARCO JUST-"
"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!" I shout, "WHY CANT I-"
"BECAUSE SHES NOT REAL AND SHE NEVER WAS MARCO! NOW COME BACK DOWN HERE AND SIT DOWN!"
My heart skips a beat, and then two, the world gets spotty as my feet slip out from under me and I begin to fall down the stairs. At the top of them, I can see a mush of blue and blond staring at me.
Not... Real?

HOLY SH!T WAFFLES AN UPDATE! THIS IS SOMETHING SPECIAL OH MY
AS SOME OF YOU KNOW I HAD A CONCUSSION SO IM TRYING TO GET BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS AS YOU CAN SEE MY WRITING STILL SUCKS SO THE CONCUSSION DIDN'T FIX THAT OOPS

HAHAHA JK I LOVE MY BOOKS

STAY COOL,

WOLFIE ❤️