Falling Star

Marco Diaz was forgetting something.

It nibbled at the back of his mind like an inch that could never be scratched. And everything reminded him he was forgetting something. Even the empty room down the hall from him gave him that feeling. Every time he passed by and reached for the door nob, he got a massive head. Like someone was screaming so loudly it was shaking his skull. He would topple over and usually he's wake up at the hospital a few hours later. It got to the point where his parents made him sleep on the couch downstairs so he wouldn't pass by that room. But even that didn't stop anything. He would sleep walk and wake up in random places far far away from his house. He woke up by a river, in his backyard, at the dog park or even under a table at the Tacos restaurant he's never been to. And every time he woke up screaming a name, thinking someone brought him here.

But no one did.

School was the most difficult. The feeling grew unbearable whenever he went to his locker, a forever broken one next to him causing him to scream. Every time he sat in his chair in Mrs. Skullneck's class, he got a huge wave of tears come to his eyes whenever he even thought of the empty seat next to him, even thought no one has sat like that all year. Whenever he saw any of his friends: Janna, Jackie, Ferguson, Alfonzo and even Brittany he would feel a panting pin in his heart and his head would break down. He started to isolate himself, sitting in the little spot where no one could see him and where he couldn't see anything whenever possible.

But maybe if Marco didn't do that and bore the pain, maybe he would have found out that, to a lesser extent, all his friends and classmates were feeling the same way.

---

"Gnight Marco." His mom says as she tucks Marco in tightly to the couch. Marco didn't respond, he just stared at the door, almost expecting someone to answer. Expecting someone to be next to him and talking and laughing with him. He was constantly on edge, expecting that someone was just about to hug him. As his head filled with a mosquito buzz and tried to remember whatever he was forgetting, he had passed out without even noticing His mom sitting in the counter sipping cocoa, making sure her son wouldn't go anywhere. She was worried and had the same feeling as him, someone was missing. She glanced up at the wall of foreign exchange students, counting all the pictures. Sighing, she recognized an overbearing feeling that one was missing. She was launched our her thoughts when she noticed Marco fighting against the covers, screaming bloody murder and crying out an unfamiliar word.

"Star!" Marco screams as he runs up to her room. His mind was still trying to process the affairs of right before. Star said she did have a crush on him. Star, his best friend, this whole time? He felt guilty even though he knows be shouldn't. He grabs the handle to her door and smash it open as her room began to disintegrate. She is half way into a portal to Mewni, her eyes filled with tears. Her mom is right behind her, staring at his still eyes. Her armor and Star's teary face reflecting the portals glow, they both stare back at him.
"I'm s-sorry Marco." Star sobs.
"Sorry?" He manages to choke through the tears threatening to break through his eyes.
"We need to go." Moon urges, something tightly in her hand.
"Star I-I don't hate you for saying that-t stuff I just-" Marco breathes, ignoring Moon. "I wish you t-told m-e."
"No!" She shrieks, shaking her head, tears falling down faster. "I'm not sorry for that!"
"THEN WHAT? STAR PLEASE LETS TALK ABOUT THIS-!" He shouts back as she is shoved into the portal. He runs at her but her mom grabs his shoulders. "LET ME GO! STAR!" He fights against the queens strong grip.
"She really does care about you." Moon sighs as her hand glows a soft blue. "But you'll be in too much danger if this continues."
"If what-?" He feels his body turn an ice cold as she places her metal-gloved hand on his forehead, the blue magic shooting in waves of rings out of the room. He felt his lips quiver as the tears dry up from his face, he was feeling like his eyes were loosing their color. His muscles grow limp as Moon stares into his eyes with a tone of regret.
He falls to the ground gasping as he notices the portal and Moon gone in an instant. He is shaking, his brain running fast but none of the thoughts registered of him. The memories running by so fast like trying to catch thousands of ants scurrying on a marble floor. His muscles regained there strength and he leaps up and bursts out the room at top speed, toppling into the walls and trying to steady himself.
"GUYS!" He screams as he fall halfway down the stairs. He grabs the railing quickly as his feet slip on the carpet. As his hands grab the cold metal railing, his eyes focused on the crowd of people staring at him like they weren't expecting him to even be up their.
"Oh hey Marco!" Jackie calls and waves to him happily. "I was wondering where you went!"
"S-Star's..." He tries to swallow the lump in his throat as at the crowd stares at him with confused eyes. He clenches his teeth, tears in his eyes and he finally shouts"STAR'S GONE!" The crowd erupts into murmurs but not what Marco thought it was for. It wasn't out of shock that these people were mumbling.

It was out of confusion.

"Marco?" Jackie says quietly, pushing her way to the front of the baffled crowd.
"What?" Marco sniffles back his tears.
"Who's Star?" She responds. The crowd erupts in agreement as Marco mind runs so fast, his eyes turning back to the same blue as Queen Butterfly's magic. He soon felt dizzy, tipping over against the railing, the crowd lets out a gasp, expecting him to fall over the side.
His head smashes into itself leaving a painful headache.
What was he just talking about?

"STAR!" Marco screams as he sits up. He felt as chill run up his spin as he was in his front yard, the warm summer air tickling his bare feet. He stood up, his green pj shorts and his tank top covered in sweat. He leaned against a tree and gripped his teeth. Silently, he places his head in his hand and jumps with a sniffle.

"Why am I crying again?"

YO SO THIS IS A SAD SHORT AU I MADE SO AFTER THE FINALE MOON TOOK EVERYONE'S MEMORY OF STAR AND MEWNI TO KEEP THEN OUT OF DANGER FROM TOFFEE

HONESTLY I HOPE THIS IS HOW IT GOES. BC MARCO HAS DIMENSIONAL SCISSORS AND JUST GOING BACK TO SEE STAR WHENEVER WOULDNT BE THAT GOOD OF A PLOT LINE

IM SPAMMING BC I HAVE ALL THESE ONE SHOTS I NEVER FINISHED AND IM FINISHING THEM

COOLIO

WOLFIE YOUVGINEYEGOYABUFF (idk how to spell that)

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REQUEST STUFF IM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS.