Chapter 1

The one with the bitter truth
Well it was my first day here, at the mansion of course not mine but my aunt's. She was someone who I despised. Actually my uncle who is a very generous man had his very own company, so by the obvious reasons they were rich!. Anyhow how I ended up in this hell hole is because of .....well I Myself But let me tell you the story!.

It has been six days since their accident. I blame myself for it too. I was in my room changing into a pair of dark blue denims and a sweat shirt getting ready to meet my elder brother. I put My phone In my back pocket . He said he wanted to discuss something important and I do not know why but I am scared for whatever he was going to talk about. You know inner instincts .I slowly made my way down the stairs looking at the kitchen while doing so. Her presence n there is not felt she went away! how can she!. I heard someone clear throat near me which quickly took me out of my trance!. Stan saw my glassy eyes and passed a sad smile my way. He was the only pillar of my strength .It felt like a big mountain collided upon us. We would never be able to feel the presence of our parents behind us, We were not under their shadow anymore, no one to call 'mom' and 'dad'. No loving eyes to look at our soul, no kind mouths to tell us if we were wrong!.Why did they go away like this! Without any warning even!.
I cleared the lump in my throat and gave my brother a tight lipped smile depicting that I am fine. He said "let's grab some breakfast at your favourite cafe." I nodded as a reply and procceded on wearing some cheap flip flops, and went towards his car leaving the door open for him to walk out. Once he reached me, he unlocked his car and I went and sat in the passenger seat. It was hard for me to forget that they died! because of me! I was the stupid one who got them tickets for a vacation! Dumb me! If I did not gift them that, They would have been here with us today with their joyous personalities!. I do not know when Stan started driving but at the moment I was looking at him and my lips curled into a small smile seeing that he was here with me. I still had my elder stupid brother with me who will be my guide and number one priority from now on. He will be there for me to share my sorrows and joy with. He was the one and only dear family left! and I treasured it from the bottom of my heart!. He gave me a quick glance quirking his eyebrows up in a manner of asking 'what?' and I shook my head from side to side as if to say 'nothing'. After 5 minutes or so he took the last turn and parked his car in the parking lot. We entered the cafe and that bitter sweet taste of caffeine hit me! It had been long since I came here. Stan asked me to get a seat and went to get us our drinks and snacks!. He bought my usual that is this cafe's special coffee along with a cheese burger just how I like it.
I sipped my coffee and asked him "what is it that you wanted to tell me?".He was contemplating whether to tell me, I could tell by the look on his face. He took a slow bite of his pancakes and started "As you know mom and dad are no more and the small job which I have here Is not good enough to manage the bills of the both of us, your school and also the house."I hummed in response and said "You know I am a part time model right. We will be able to manage I will arrange for a few more deals and you can do some overtime. We will b fine Stan."He looked at me and replied "And what about your higher education boo! Your 17 at the moment! We would not be able to manage.""We can if we just give more time to our respective jobs." I said "Try to understand boo. It is not that simple!. See I had sent my resume to a company in Paris and they have accepted me in. I asked our parents about that and their responce was positive too, Boo I will earn more and you know how much I have wanted that job!. I want to go high up. You know I have always wanted to be a fashion photographer! It's the start As I learn, I will meet new people get some experience and it will be my first step up the ladder to achieve my dreams. Don't act stubborn boo!. I have nothing left here, my university years are over and I just yesterday have got the email for that job. Please I need your permission. But think ok I am not trying to force you. If you want I will stay here. "I heard him carefully and whatever he said was right. He had nothing left here he needed to procced in his life. And he also had what he wanted to be successful. Why should I stop him from reaching his goals! He was moving on so it is good for him! He needs to go and reach up the ladder! I replied giving him the best smile I could muster "Ok Stan you are right you should go. No one is going to hold you back especially not me. Go out there and show them your talent. I believe in you."He quickly got up from his seat and gave me a warm tight hug! His way of showing gratitude and said a big meaning full thank you. It felt good to see him happy!. I can do that at least. Then we ate our food and left the place a small smile playing on his lips and watching it made me smile too. Then during the car ride I asked him "Stan you take my saved money you will need it there and as I am not going with you right?""No sis it's your saved money. I can't accept it and yeah I am so sorry but nothing is settled at the moment and I will be new there and Taking of you will be tough for me if you understand that is why I can not take you. But I will take you once everything is settled!"I replied" Its fine Stan I can manage on my own. And yea please take the savings it will help you bro! "he said "No I can't and you will need money too!"I replied "Fine whatever" and that was the end of our conversation. I felt My insides breaking! My one and only support system will be gone and I will be alone in that house with only memories to dwell on. My conscience said you need to be strong! You will have your friends with you!. And with that last thought I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me.

Authors note
Casey,'s photo on the side she is the lead.