Behind the oaks

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Okay Zoe, so what I'm going to do first is dye the bottom layer of your hair blonde", Tyler exclaimed in that squeaky voice.

"Are you sure about this Tyler?" I question.

"GURL, trust me this'll be fabulous".

I lean back on the floor, and start cracking up.

"You can trust me Zoe," he mutters as he rubs some dye around in his palm.

"I hope so," I exclaim as I close my eyes and relax.

Tyler suddenly, but gently, pushes my head into water and starts to massage the dye in my bottom layer. This is actually quite relaxing.

"How are you feeling?" Tyler asks.

"Good," I say, "I'm nervous for the outcome.

"I can see your hair changing color already, and it looks great."

About fifteen minutes pass, and I feel that I have dozed off while Tyler gently massaged my head.

SLAP!

I suddenly feeling a stinging sensation on my cheek, as a shriek escapes my mouth. I turn around to see Tyler giggling like a mad person, as I wince in pain.

"What the heck Tyler?" I yell trying not to laugh.

"It's done Zoella!"

"Zoella?" I ask.

"Yea, while you were dozing off I was trying to think of a cut nickname for you. Girl I thought of the best name ever! Guess what it is?" he giggles.

"Hmmm, I have no idea." I chuckle

"ZOELLA!"

We both start laughing like absolute fools. I'm so glad I found Tyler. This is the first time I've actually felt like I have a friend. I almost feel, dare I say it........ loved in a way. Is it possible that Tyler kept me alive? My mind in a daze, as I suddenly hear a scream.

"ZOELLLLLLAAAA!" Tyler shrieks with tears streaming down his face.

I sit up quickly, flustered and not knowing what to do.

"Tyler, are- please just- what's wrong?" I yell in confusion.

His face turns a tomato red as be starts to chuckle. My cheeks getting hot; I don't know what to do.

"Tyler! What the heck was that?" I scream much louder than I intended to. I start to sit up as Tyler's plan hits me smack dab in the middle of my face, and pushes my head back down into the bucket of water.

"That was me trying to get you to stop day dreaming." he laughs mischievously.

"You are so stupid," I laugh, "You could have just tapped my shoulder!"

"I tried that," he exclaimed with an attitude, "You weren't gonna move."

I laugh once again. I feel that I have laughed more in the past five minutes than I have in my entire life!

"Okay girly, I'm going to blow dry your hair, and then we'll be ready for the big reveal!"

"Well, let's hope that it looks as good as you said it would!" I say.

"Oh trust me girl, you'll be hotter than Beyoncé, and prettier than a Queen".

This compliment makes me blush and laugh all at once. Suddenly my door handle squeaks and my mother walks in to see Tyler wrapping my wet hair in a towel.