Behind the Oaks

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We stumble down the stairs laughing, and talking about what stores we will visit at the mall. As soon as we reach the bottom of the stairs I spot my mother sitting in the kitchen reading "Lovely Bones," for the millionth time. She looks up and her eyes go wide.

"Mom, Tyler dyed my hair." I confess as she stands up and stalks toward me. She glances at Tyler for a second, and he smiles. Then she makes her way towards me and touches my head.

"Zoe Sugg," she says in a stern voice. Oh no.

"You're glowing with joy. I've never seen you this happy," she beams while starting to tear up.

I reach for her and we embrace. This is like the best moment my mother and I have ever had.

"Well isn't this just sweet.... but the mall won't be open forever, so why don't we can up all this joy and save it for later!" he exclaims while clapping his hands together.

I giggle. That's typical Tyler for you.

"Mom, Tyler is going to take me shopping!"

"Oh, okay! Well you kids have fun, and I will see my little Zozeebo later."

My mother steps forward and kisses my forehead.

Tyler and I walk out the door and get into my car. We talk about different looks I could go for, and different fashion designers. We park in the car filled lot at the mall as Tyler walks around and helps me out of the car. When we walk into the mall I see clothing stores galore!

"What shall it be first?" he asks.

"The queen knows best," I laugh as he grabs my hand and leads me into one of the modern clothing stores.

A boy about my age with messy black hair walks out from behind one of the clothing racks, and greets me with a handshake.

"Hey what's up guys, my name is Alfie! Can I get you anything?" he beams.

"Make my little Zoella look flawless!" Tyler shouts.

"Well sir, from the looks of it she already has that down pat." he winks at me and I blush a little and look down at the floor. Tyler's eyes get wide as he nudges my side. This makes me cough a little and laugh at the same time.

"Well, I know that she's basically a goddess already, but what would look amazing on her!"

I nudge Tyler back and he gives me a smirk.

"Well her hair is really unique, quite beautiful actually." Alfie says to himself. I blush even more. I probably look like a walking tomato. I almost burst out into the veggie tales theme song.

"I think I know what would make you look stunning," he says.

Tyler and I follow him into a section with cute and modern dresses. I look around at the stunning garments, like I would be able to pull any of these off. We walk through the area with the fancier dresses as Alfie pulls a silky white one with a high neck line. He hands it to me.

"You will look so beautiful." he says.

"Well, thank you but it's probably too expensive, and I would never be able to pull it off-" I'm cut off by Tyler as he places his hands on my shoulders.

"The last thing you are worrying about is a price tag, now, you go rock that." I roll my eyes and take the dress to the fitting room. It slips onto my body like butter. It looks absolutely flawless, and it flows beautifully with my body.

"Zoe? are alright in there?" Tyler asks. I just now realize that I've spent 15 minutes admiring myself. Oh geez. I unlock the dressing room door and reveal myself in this dress. I see Alfie's jaw drop, and I blush and look down.

"Zoella Sugg," Tyler mummers, "you look absolutely fabulous!"

I giggle a little as Tyler throws his hands up in the air.

"Okay, we're done here!" Tyler says brushing his hands off. Alfie walks towards me.

"Well miss-"

"Please call me Zoe."

"Alright Zoe," he laughs, "It was a pleasure meeting you. I hope to see you again sometime."

He bends down, grabs my hand, and plants a kiss on it. My eyes go wide as he stands back up and winks at me. Then he turns around, and casually strolls off.

"Did he just-" I cut Tyler off.

"Uhhuh." I admit.

Tyler wiggles his eyebrows as he pushes me towards check out.

Someone just flirted with me, and none if this would have happened if I didn't meet Tyler.

(Thanks for reading! please vote and share this!)