Behind the Oaks

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tyler and I look at each other in shock that my mother just walked in on him dying my hair. I want to cry but I don't want to react before I know what's going to happen. To break the awkward silence Tyler bursts out into laughter and lays back on the floor. My mom continues to stare at me looking confused; I now start to laugh. Gosh, his laugh is so contagious, like a disease.

"Hi Mrs. Sugg," Tyler says through breaks of laughter.

"Um, hi Tyler,"she says slowly, "Zoe, you want to explain what you guys are doing in here?"

"Well no, I don't want to explain, I want to show you," I glance at Tyler as he smiles wide,"Now shoo!"

My mother sighs and starts to leave the room.

"If you are doing something illegal, I swear Zoe."

She closes the door behind her, and as soon as I don't hear her footsteps anymore Tyler and I look at each other. Tyler starts to laugh, but I just sit there. He realizes my spaced out look, and then stops laughing.

"Zoe? Is something wrong." he asks in confusion.

"I'm just afraid of what my mother will say."

Tyler wraps his arms around my shoulders and gives me a squeeze.

"Just remember this Zoe, she is your mother, and she will love you know matter what."

His serious words take me by surprise. Since when is Tyler serious?

"Your going to look fabulous though, so I don't know how she won't love you." he smirks.

There is the Tyler I've come to expect!

"Thanks," I chuckle as I push him back a little making him fall backwards.

"Can you not!?" he laughs.

"Okay so what now?" I ask.

"Hand me the blow dryer, teasing comb, and gel." he demands

My eyes widen, as I hand him the items he asked for.

"Okay, take a seat!" he instructs pointing to a spot right in front of him. I lean back against Tyler's chest and relax, knowing that this will take a while. He pats my head.

"Good girl!" he says talking to me like I'm a dog.

"Shut up!" I say reaching up behind me smacking his cheek.

"Ow!" he laughs!

"Drama queen." I cough into my elbow as I look up. He smiles at me then turns on the blow dryer. The heat blows onto my face, like a hurricane.

An hour passes as Tyler massages, teases, and and plays with my hair. I doze off, dreaming of how this will look when suddenly I feel a tickle under my arm pit. I sit up with a fright to see Tyler poking my armpit.

"Wake up!" he yells. I giggle.

"Are you done?" I ask straight away!

"Why don't you tell me?" he smirks

I smile and reach my hand out lazily. Tyler rolls his eyes, grabs my hand, and helps me up. Once I'm standing he covers my eyes with his hands and leads me to the mirror.

"Ready Zoella?"

"Yes," I sigh.

My nerves and excimer are at there high as Tyler lowers his hands away from my eyes.

My hair looks full and luscious. The bottom layer is a bright blond, and my brown hair lays over it perfectly like a sheet of silk. I run my hand through it and it feels so soft.

"So?" Tyler asks nervously.

"I-I'm speechless." I stammer still processing how beautiful I look.

"Speechless in a good way?"

"In the best way!"

I reluctantly turn around longing for the reflection of me in the mirror and face Tyler. His eyes are glowing with pride.

"Thank you!" I say tearing up a bit as I enter his embrace.

"Thank you for making me feel beautiful for the first time."

"It was my pleasure," he replies, whispering into my shoulder.

"But...."

Oh no what is he going to say now? I look up at him with a confused eye.

"But what?" I ask.

"But we still have to go shopping!" he insists as he pulls a wallet out of his back pocket.

I grab my car keys quickly.

"Let's go!" I exclaim as I push him out of my room and smile larger than I ever have.

(THANKS FOR READING GUYS! PLEASE SHARE THIS AND VOTE! XOXO)