Loss Of a Friend (Dedication)

In dedication to Frankie, rest in peace.

I took a sharp intake of air, allowing the cool breeze to hit my face. I stood out on my balcony, holding a mug of hot chocolate in my hands. The air today felt so awkward; as if a huge mass of weight was placed upon my shoulders. I sighed as I pulled on a light blue bath robe. I was already dressed in a red shirt, grey jacket, and denim jeans.

“Hayley!” Rei called out, waving over from across my house. She was already out on her balcony.

            “Morning Rei.” I yawned, pulling my hair out of its messy bun.

Hayley! Keep it down!” I heard my father yell right next to my bedroom. I sighed heavily.

            I thought your room was sound-proof. I thought. Rei ran back inside of her mansion and quickly dashed over to my house. Since it was only 7 A.M. in the morning, most of the maids and butlers in our household were too busy cleaning and preparing breakfast, so I had to answer the door. When I opened the door, I clearly saw Rei’s outfit. She was still in her PJs.

            “What are you doing? We’re leaving in about an hour and a half.” I asked, sipping my hot chocolate.

“Thing is, most of the good clothing is now in the wash. So I have nothing to wear.” She whined.

            “You want to borrow some of my clothing? I guess it’s okay… I don’t know if I have any clothing that will fit you, though.” I replied.  

“Thanks!” The taller, black haired woman smiled, stepping into my house. “So this is what the inside of your house looks like…” Rei gawked at the inside of my house.

            “It’s not as fancy as yours, you know…” I mumbled, feeling a tiny bit jealous over the differences of our houses. “Where’s Kai?”

“Getting ready.” She replied with a soft, yet squeaky voice.

            “He has clean clothing?”

“Yeah. He said that, “Since he is a dude, it doesn’t matter what he wears”. Man, it must be so lucky to be a guy!”

            “I bet.” I smirked. “Anyhow, follow me. I’ll lend you some of my clothes.

“Thanks again.” Rei repeated. I motioned her to follow me upstairs to my room. “Oh Hannah, your hair is straight; I like it.”

            “Merci.” I smirked, trying to see if she remembered what that meant. “Your hair looks pretty today too.” I picked out a somewhat cute outfit for Rei. I believe I got this when Lailah married my father, and got this for me; but she totally screwed up the sizes. What, it’s been like three years now and I still can’t fit into this? Sad.