Halloween Costume Mayhem

Halloween Costume Mayhem!

The crisp smell of autumn leaves never seem to leave me amazed. Truly, it was the middle of fall. Or at least a week before Halloween. Honestly, most people might still see Halloween for little children, but I wasn’t one of them. I loved Halloween to tears. It was one of those holidays you would spend weeks to prepare to be someone else.

That’s what I loved about it… being someone else that I’m not. For a day, I don’t have to be “Hayley Bass”, but rather anyone whom I choose. And maybe this year will be the “peak-year” for me, making it stand out and be more special than other years. That’s only because this year I wanted to escape from being myself so many times.

I’ve already decided who I wanted to be. This character has always been my favorite female cartoon since I was little.

Alice from Alice in Wonderland. Movie by Disney, and 1865 book by Lewis Carroll. You remember the classic, don’t you? Alice was basically my idol, especially now. She was able to escape to her fantasy, her dreamland. While here I am, standing in a full nightmare, not being able to get away from myself for even a second.

And that’s why I chose Alice. The true queen of imagination herself. But it’s hard finding a good outfit that is in my size. So when I told my friends of my dilemma, they all piped in to go with me to the mall in the afternoon to find our outfits. It was a girl’s night out since all the guy’s had something to do tonight. It was Rei, Brianna, Kathy, Cassie, and Monique that all decided to tag along. Grace didn’t come because she had to take care of her siblings, she told me earlier on in the day.

“Wow! This mall looks better and better each and every time I look at it!” Kathy exclaimed out. Kathy was still in mourning over the death our buddy, Trevor, died. But, in a way, she’s been livelier than ever. Kathy is strong, considering the fact that I even knew she liked Trevor. I wouldn’t really blame her; he was one kind of a hunk. Thank god she can’t read my mind now, or she’ll kill me.

             “Right?” Cassie exclaimed. Cassie was another energetic type of person. She somehow always lifted the mood in certain situations, but sometimes doesn’t know how to deal with them. Cassie is the type of person that is a constant shopper at the mall, often hanging out with her friends that come up to Pennsylvania.  Cassie, like Grace, wasn’t really born here. She was actually from the heart of New York. A city girl, you see.

“I’ve never been here. It seems so magnificent.” Rei smiled. Rei was just…Rei, in a sense. Her attitude never really changed after properly meeting the whole entire group. She’s a bit anti-social when it comes to people she doesn’t know. But then again, who isn’t? Even I’m extremely shy to those she-bullies that hunt me down every day.

            “It’s a really fun place with lots of stores I’m sure you’ll like, Rei.” Brianna replied. Brianna was kind of like Rei and I; anti-social. It’s still a mystery to the group on how she really became our friend. One day, she was eating lunch by herself in Middle School then…BAM! We instantly became friends. Maybe it was the glasses she had back then… they were pretty cool. They had some cool design onto them… flowers or something. What? We were Junior High students back then!

We also managed to pick up another friend along the way… Amy Wren, a silent girl in my grade. She’s fifteen years old with beautiful blue eyes and an oddly silver colored hair that went right down to her chest. She was sitting right at the edge of one of the fountains in the mall by herself, looking depressed, when Kathy and Cassie pranced over to her to see what was wrong.