Scar|2

A fuzzy feeling, a heavy head and numb body are what she woke up to after a day and night. She had no clue as to where she was and why she lay in bed. Her eyes opened abruptly as her heart beat instantly flew up and so did her body. It was trying too hard for her to make it move, her brain was active, but pity, her body wasn't.

She felt weak, tired and hungry, very hungry. Oddly, she never felt that way before. She didn't take it much into consideration, as she looked around to see a small table fan next to her head, inches away and already doing its job. She felt releaved, maybe it would help her cool down from all the sweat and heat she felt in her body.

When Scarlet felt like an hour passed laying there waiting for someone to check on her, or at least look around, she gave and decided to take into her own hands to get up. Her hand slowly raised with a mental effort and little a muscle pain, gliding it over the soft material of her hospital gown which, made her smile a little. It was about six months last when she had actually touched such a soft thing, be it just an ordinary hospital gown.

It passed her navel and on the left of her stomach, she felt bump, and all the memories came flooding back. The hit in her gut and back, but why it was bandaged she didn't know. And why she couldn't even move properly.

Scarlet wasn't from the weak side of people, she knew when to step up and when retreat. And right now she had to wake and find out what was wrong with her body. After a continues effort of trying to get up, she could finally move her upper body. She laid elbows on the thin mattress and with a bit of weight on them, she could bend her body a little.

A grimace and a few holy words left her mouth, she raised raised slowly. Scarlet couldn't sit, she it was enough for her to sit with a hunched back. She breathed with a little contentment and let her head fall against a the prickly brick wall.

"Oh, you're awake," a woman she didn't recognize spoke up suddenly, making her heart spiked up with the sudden appearance.

"Just a little over an hour ago," she returned a small smile the woman had flashed her.

"I believe you're feeling a little ghastly?" She inquired.

"Oh, yes. My stomach does feel a little sore, but it won't be long until it calms down right?"

"It will, right?" She asked, a little distressed now.

"It will, there's nothing to worry about," she said in a genteel voice.

"Oh, then that's alright. When would I be returning to my cell?" She asked politely to the nurse who was busy checking her vitals.

"Soon, but before that you need to know something." She in a serious voice, which made her glibber in shock and astonishment. 

––––––

Storm was having a busy day, he had a new account lining up for his new project he had to handle with special attention. His head ached, and felt as if it were to burst if he didn't stop going through paper after paper. He was a workaholic and a kind that would make it impossible to stop him from taking part in any sort of entertainment besides sitting in his office or home study.

His fingers twitched around the pen he held a bit too fondly, cracking his stiff neck sideways and leaned back in his armchair. A sharp pain jolted deep within his tail bone at the sudden comfort, it was only natural to feel such way for him, since he hardly ever rested properly.

Storm always felt the need to distract himself from the world outside of his office or home, he hated to mingle with people and always made sure no-one bothered him in return. Most of his work outside of the office was handled by Nigel, who never seemed to complain even with endless amount of the orders he gave.