Chapter 1

I stared at the empty eyed woman standing in the mirror, her body so frail and thin. So broken. I didn't want to be like this but I couldn't help it everyday I'd fall deeper into the ever consuming darkness even in my sleep I could find no relief as the terrible night played over and over again as soon as my eyes closed.

I just didn't understand, I'd always been a good girl stayed out of trouble and worked on my brothers farm while he was away in the Army. So why did this happen to me? Why did this monster choose me to be his victim ? What's worse is the fact the police never found him ,it's only been Three weeks since the attack and in a weeks time my brother would finally be home. It would be the first he would see me since I had been attacked and I was scared of him seeing me this way.

"Lea I've got to run to the shops, i'll see you in a while."Mel called from the bottom of the stairs. Then as an after thought followed by "Are you going to be okay ?"
I know she ment well but I hated people asking me that just by looking at me you could tell that I wasn't okay. Looking back in the mirror I tryed to fake a smile.
"I'll be okay, have fun." I called trying to sound positive. I pulled away from the mirror covering back up with the large sheet so I no longer had to see the ghost of the girl I used to be.

I walked down the stairs making sure that the doors and windows were bolted shut. I hated being alone. Every little shadow or creek of the floor would send my heart racing and fear to consume me the fact that he was still out there frightened me. I headed into the kitchen and started on the house work. I used to love going outside and working with the animals and staff but now I lock myself away.

A few hours later Mel returned her arms filled with bags and a cheerful smile on her face. "I can't wait for Josh to come home. Oh he called this morning ,wanting to talk to you but I thought it was best to leave you to sleep for a while longer."
"What did he want? "
"He has a friend who's leaving the same time as him and he doesn't really have any where to go. I know your going through a hard time at the moment but your brother promised that the guy won't bother you." Mel muttered
"He wants to offer him a room here doesn't he ?" I asked softly , it wasn't the first time my brother had brought one of his Army friends home and offered them somewhere to stay .

Alto ugh the thought of an unknown man in the house terrified me I knew I couldn't turn away a soldier in need so I suckered in a deep breath and tryed to occupy my shaking hands.
"I'll sort out the spare room then." I whispered ,Mel grinned proudly at me
"That's great Lea your brothers going to be so happy I brought some stuff for the room while I was out too." She pointed to a bunch of bags in the corner of the room.
"I'll start on it tomorrow it will keep me busy ."
"Good idea, I'll let your brother know. You know if you need to talk I'm here for you." Mel spoke.
No , I didn't want anyone knowing the details that happened that night not even my therapist knew all the details.