A day at the mall

Mom went downstairs to make some breakfast while I tested Dylan that he didn't need to come for me.
Of course he asked why but I told him I would tell him tomorrow. I crawled out of bed and shuffled to the bathroom.
When I looked in the mirror, I saw that I had bags under my eyes and that my hair was an absolute bird's nest. As if it isn't always like that. I just let my hair be.
They were both results of my so called dream.
After I brushed my teeth, I headed downstairs where I could smell my mom burning the pancakes.

My mom just gave you and put some pop tarts in the toaster. At least she can't burn that. I think. After we both ate, she suggested that we go to the mall.
I am kind of a Tom boy so I don't like mini skirts and lip gloss. I basically live out of my converse. But I agreed to go to make her happy.

So we both got changed and headed out. When we got to the mall, we decided to go to Forever 21 first. As we made our way through the crowd, I looked around and my eyes fell on a face I could not mistake and he was staring right at me.
I froze with fear and the only thing I could do was breathe and I could barely do that. My mom stopped and looked at me.
"Honey, are you okay? You look so pale," she asks concern written all over her face.
"I'm fine. I just thought I saw something. Let's go." I grip her hand and rush off.

After that everywhere we went, I couldn't help but look behind me every 10 seconds. Finally when the shopping spree was over, we went home exhausted even though it was only a little after 1pm.

When we reached home, we put our shopping bags on the kitchen table and changed into more comfortable clothes. Mom came into my room and asked if I wanted to watch a boatload of movies with her while eating all of the junk food in the house. I responded in a very mature manner.

"......Hell yes!!!!!!!"

We basically tumbled down the stairs. I was in charge of the movies and she was in charge of the snacks.
I need this.
I need to forget about all the dreams and him for at least one night. Tonight, it's just my mom and me, no one else.
She's helping me deal with all this and she doesn't even know. We fall asleep right on the couch.
Surprisingly, I didn't have any nightmares. Thank God. I guess he decided to go awol tonight.
When I woke up, cramps took over my body. Mom wasn't up yet so I carefully an quietly got up and made my way upstairs. I showered but when I looked in the mirror, I saw a flash of him and nearly screamed. I can't ever get away.

But I brush it off even though I was still shaking. I got dressed then packed my bag. I grab my phone as usual and went back down stairs. My mom was just waking up.

"Hey sweetie, you okay?" She asks yawning.

"I'm fine. Last night was fun," I beam at her.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. Have a good day at school."

"Thanks." I check my phone. 7:43 am.

I hear a horn outside and knew it was Dylan. I told my mom bye, ran outside and hopped in his car. Even though he isn't legally allowed to drive yet, he never fails to pick me up each and everyday.

"Hey Gen," He smiles and gives me a side hug.
"Hey yourself," I try to keep a straight face but broke out into a full blown smile.
"What happened? Why didn't you come to school yesterday and why we're you not answering my calls or texts?" He looked at me with confusion and care in his eyes.

I have been ignoring his calls and texts because I've been dreading this conversation.

"Gen you can tell me everything. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere."
After he says that, he takes my hand in his and squeezes it tight.

I took a deep breath and told him what happened.