Chapter1-Him

This is Genesis.

He scares me. He has been ruining my life for as long as I can remember. He use for be so good, caring and happy, but one day, he snapped. We always knew something was off, but we never would've imagined this. I hate him with a burning passion.
He'll get better, they said. He won't hurt you, they said. In the end, none of that was true. He hurt my mom and I so much, I can't even say it in words.
He haunted my dreams. In front of others, he was fine but behind closed doors, he was crazy. He was the worst thing to happen to me. He's gone now but not for good. I know that. I'm Genesis Vanity Adams and I'm way past afraid, I'm horrified.

.................

I wake up drenched in sweat. My clock reads 2:29am. I had another one of my nightmares again. I rub my eyes and groan. They started a couple of months ago and have been scaring me to death.
I haven't told anyone, but my best friend Dylan because others can't know.
They might wheel me off to a mental ward. My dreams are getting more and more severe every time they come. I sometimes have flashbacks during the day. Yay, me. I hear my mom rushing up the stairs. She must've heard me because she came bursting in. Great.
"Honey, you okay? I thought I heard something" She turns on the light and I almost hiss. She rushes over to the bed before I can answer and starts to check me over. I take both of her hands in mine.
I squint in the light and then my eyes adjust to the brightness.
"Mom, I'm fine. Go back to sleep."
I give her a lazy smile and and a kiss on the cheek. She hugs me and kisses my forehead.
"Ok, sweetie. I was just checking, sweet dreams."
She walks toward the door turns off the light and closes the door gently. I hear her go down stairs into her bed room.
My mom is super overprotective and I don't know why. I'm sixteen but in her eyes, I'm ten. And my dreams are far from sweet, but I go back to sleep anyway.

I wake up to my alarm this time. It was 7:30am. Time to go to every child's favorite place. I got up, showered and grabbed a t-shirt that said "Don't bother me" with some black skinny jeans and red converse. I then packed my bag grabbed my phone and went downstairs.
The school that I go to doesn't have lockers ,so we have to lug around our baggage all day. Can't I just bring a carry-on?
Mom isn't up yet, so I grab a nature valley and my keys and went out the front door. My best friend Dylan was already waiting for me. Dylan and I have been best friends since kindergarten.
I hop inside his jeep liberty and he pulls off.
"Hey, hugbug" He smiles, laughed and moves away as I try to hit him because he knows I hate that name.
" Hi, Dylan" I crack a smile.
"So, how was tonight?" His face is a mask of concern. My smile immediately drops.
"I had a dream last night. A nightmare, rather." I shrinks down in my chair and hide my face.
"Hey, you know you don't have to tell me. It's okay." He takes hold of my hand and squeezes, one hand on the steering wheel.
"I know. It's just so..." I rack my brain to come up with the right word and sigh when I can't find one.
"It's okay. I understand, Gen. You alright?"
"Yeah. I'm getting tired of them." I look out of the window at the passing houses as we make our way to school.
"Don't worry. Maybe they'll go away." He looks at me with his hazel eyes filled with reassurance.
If you say so, I thought.

[................]

Hello loves!!! This is Teddyvanb.This is my first ever book I've written so don't criticize me too hard :). I've come to give y'all a few announcements about this book. First, I'll be posting every week but on random days. And then there will be times where you don't see me posting because a girl has got to go to school, okay. Second, few of the chapters will be short. Third, please do not copy my book. Everything made up by me. Wattpad was made for reading books, not thieves. And last but not least, I'm not finished with the book as yet, so be patient with me. I already see your guns and knives out, you can put them away. Nah,but for real, put them down.I can still see them. Anyway, bye for now and I'll see you in the next chapter. Boobye.