w o l v e s & s h e e p

November 4th, 2015. 1:15 a.m.

maybe I wasn't good enough for you. maybe I was too loud, too clumsy, too anxious, too easy to break in half. part of me knows that you knew just how fragile I am. and part of me knows that you did this on purpose. maybe you were bored with your life, maybe you were desperate. I was an easy target. I was easy for you to get your hands on. because you knew I had fallen deeper into it than you had. you even told me that you felt the same and damn— I've gotta hand it to you, you're a pretty good liar. props to you, pal. you'll have so many girls in the future wrapped around your finger, just like I was wrapped around it before you took me down. but it's okay, don't worry. I'm used to this by now. you're not the first to use me like a tissue then crumple me up and throw me in the bin, and I can assure that you won't be the last. you were a wolf in sheep's clothing and I was another sheep. you devoured me and I was okay with it. I put so much into you and now that you're gone, what's left of me? I'm not even sure what to think of myself anymore.

I know this isn't a poem, but I felt this was necessary to add in.
I wrote this earlier this year after one of the worst heartbreaks I've experienced this far in my life. Although I would like to completely forget about it and metaphorically burn all the memories I have from this time, I'd like to use it as a lesson. For myself, and for everyone else— so love yourself, because self love is the most important thing to keep in your life, and trust me when I say that it will get you far.