Part 32

Nandani's pov
He was leaning by the entrance of my cabin. There he was. I was not at all surprised to find him in my cabin. I was least interested. I again banged my head to the desk. "What the hell are you doing here Manik. You still cant keep your self away from creating a Scene right?"
Manik: well i didn't knew Ms. Murty was this unprofessional with her clients.

And thats what caught my attention. "CLIENT"😒 what is this man up to? I looked up and found him sitting comfortably on the seat opposite to me. "Why are you here manik?"

Manik: well your work Ms. Murty. What you did with Mr. Rajveer's hotel is magnificent, and I would like you to do the same for me. Down there in Mumbai."
Nandani: and what makes you think I would do that?
Manik: because you get paid for it. Well your FRIEND, Mr. Khurrana will guide you.
        And that made me roll my eyes. He is such a jerk.
Nandani: I am not doing this project. I will talk to Aryaman. You can take someone else.
I said while dialling the intercom to Aryaman. Before I could connect the call Manik in a swift move disconnected it. He came by my side and turned my chair so that i was facing him. He took both my hands and kneeled down. He was brushing his thumb against my knuckles. " please come home nandu. It's not a home anymore without you. I miss you. Its all empty, hollow. I work all day, get exhausted, tired, but I don't feel like heading home. There's no peace there. It's just silence. And that silence is killing me day by day. Please come back before i die..."

       I kept my palm on his mouth before he could complete. "Shhhhh Manik.... Esa nai bolte. And I can't come back just like this. I have a new life, new people. I can't just leave it all of a sudden. I need time. Please understand.."
Manik: yes and u could leave me all of a sudden.
"Listen Nandani take as much as time you want but get this straight in your head, i am not going back to Mumbai  without  you. "
He said and stormed out.
       As soon as Manik left Mansi and Aryaman entered. Mansi settled on the couch and Aryaman on my desk. 
Mansi: don't judge us ... but We overheard your conversation. Sorry...
Nandani: oh shut up you guys don't need to b sorry. My life is pretty fucked up.
Mansi: Nandani he really misses you. Look I don't know exactly what equation you shared in the past but he has did learn from his mistakes Nandani. And look if you are holding back for us ... Please don't....
Aryaman: "unless you are in loooveeee with me" he added dramatically making me chuckle.

         My eyes pooled up with tears. Mansi got up and sat on my lap and hugged me tight. Aryaman too came down and said " mansi Aunty meko bhi jaga do thodi.." Mansi sat on my one leg while Aryaman sat on my other, and both of them hugged me. I could feel Mansi crying.

      Memories flashed. I still feel it was just yesterday I walked in here with my luggage for an interview and was caught sleeping. I found Mansi. We were and will always be more like sisters. We were amazed to find we even shared the same birthday. I still remember our last birthday when Aryaman cooking for us and Mansi's daughter Pari was bossing him around. He some how managed to get us a few burnt chapatis. Pari's first day to school. Aryaman was crying equally as Pari. I still remember how we used to force Pari to ask her mom how do babies come in the world, just to listen to the hilarious stories that  Mansi would come up with.

             These two are were my back bone when I felt alone. Life was way too easier for me with these two creatures around. I had gathered too many memories in this 9 months. The ties that bind us together is impossible to explain. God knows when this bond grew this thick.. It was beyond logic, beyond eternity. They are my best friends.... They were with my when no one was around. They were my family. A family I choose. There were times when I could not be tough. I broke down. And they taught me it is ok to let down the guard.
       None of us said a word. We just lived that moment.

Nandani:guys now if you won't get up i will definitely die...
Both of them chuckled and Mansi stood up. Aryaman was still there. His chin was on my head. "please don't go..." And his voice cracked. He was on the verge of crying. I didn't expect him to cry. Yes he could fall weak but crying... Never in all this time i saw him go this weak. He kissed my hair.

He stood up and said," Decide wisely nandu... U know you love him. I know he's a jerk. But...
      We can't help who we fall in love with."

   Saying this he walked away. And i knew exactly what he meant.

Manan - No Hopes (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें