Torture

Sherlock peered his head around the hospital door to see John lying there so soft and innocent. Sherlock hated seeing him like this because he wouldn't know what to do without him. Just a little while ago it was the other way around, John was okay and Sherlock was hurt, but he preferred it that way. John lay with his eyes closed breathing slowly, his nose twitched every so often which would make Sherlock smile. Sherlock entered and sat down beside John on a chair. Sherlock watched John's chest move up and down before reaching for his hand. Sherlock held John's hand softly in his and lifted it gently to his lips and kissed it. He held Johns hand for a little while; he wanted to make sure to be there as soon as he woke up. Lestrade looked in through the window at Sherlock watching John sleep. He sighed as he really wanted them to be happy but he knew that with Darren still out there it was going to be hard.

Johns eyes fluttered open, he quickly scanned the room. "Sherlock?" John's voice broke as he tried to sit up. John looked down at his hand which was covered by Sherlock's. Sherlock's head lay next to their hands as he had fallen asleep. "Sherlock?" A smile grew across John's face, just to see Sherlock there made him feel 100 times better and safer. Sherlock still lay still with his hand on John's, John stroked Sherlock's hand with his thumb repeating 'Sherlock' over until the detective opened his eyes. Sherlock realised John was awake and he sat up straight. "How are you feeling? Are you okay? Did you want me to get you anything?" Sherlock flooded John with questions and John let out a little giggle. "Shh no, I'm fine, but thank you anyway." They both smiled at each other as their fingers intertwined on the hospital bed. "I don't need anything when I have you here..."

Sherlock opened the door for John and let him through. John feeling a tad dizzy sat down on the sofa. "Tea?" Sherlock asked while taking his scarf and coat of to chuck it onto the chair. "No thank you." John said quietly. Sherlock walked over and sat beside John. "I think it's time that I told you" Sherlock looked up at John with his blue-green eyes and held John's hand. John without saying anything sat back on the sofa and waited for the detective to tell him. Sherlock cleared his mind and tried to focus on John, as John was the only thing that kept him grounded.

"So when I got to the alley to wait for Darren I'm sure someone must of come up behind me and hit me round the back of the head as I blacked out pretty quickly." Sherlock sat up still holding on to Johns hand and closed his eyes to try and remember. "I remember waking up in this cold dark room, with just four grey walls. I did have a really bad pain in my head, so I'm guessing it was the hit. I was shirtless, my legs and hands were tied together and I was sat on a metal chair." John's expression became more concerned as he held Sherlock's had with both of his. "This man kept coming in the room day after day asking me where you was. I kept telling him that I didn't know. Every time I said I didn't know then I would get struck across the chest, or arm whatever the man wanted to do. There was a bare mattress in the corner nearly ripped to shreds, I slept there. I wasn't given much food but they needed to keep me alive because they couldn't find you." Tears filled John's eyes, he blinked and a few rolled down his cheeks. Sherlock took a deep breath in. "I didn't know what was going to happen to me..." Sherlock choked up, "I thought I was going to die in that room... The one thing that kept me fighting was knowing that you was going to be okay." Sherlock sniffed and he wiped his tears with his shirt sleeve, he took some sharp breaths in. "I never what anything to happen to you John because I can't live without you. I will spend the rest of my life trying to keep you safe and seeing you yesterday in that chair, made me so angry, I'm going to shoot that mother fucker in the head." John let out a little giggle whilst crying as he knew that Sherlock cussed just to make him laugh.

John didn't realise how much Sherlock had doneand been through just to keep him safe. "You shouldn't have done that..." Johnsniffed. "I had no other choice." John wiped Sherlock's tears with his thumbgently across his pale cheeks. "Sherlock Holmes I love you so much." Johnsmiled at the detective. "I love you." Sherlock whispered back at the doctor.John placed his hand around the back of Sherlock's neck through his dark curlyhair and pressed their lips together.