Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Eight  years  inside. 

"Be  careful!"  Kala  says,  tugging  on my  dress.  I  glance  down  at  her  and  smile.  Her  blue  eyes  were  full  of  worry as  I  jumped  off  my  foot  hold,  two  metres  up  the  wall.  I  bend  down  so  we  are  face  to  face. We're  the  same  age but  she's  still  much  shorter than me.    

"I'm  always  careful."   She  bites  her lip.   

"Yeah  but-"  Her  eyes  move away  from  mine  and  she  stops  talking.  I  giggle  and  jump  back  to  the  foot  hold.  

"I'll  be  fine!"  I shout and continue  to climb  the  wall,  the  fence  that  locks  us  in  this  prison.  I  reach  the  top  and  wave  down  at  her.  She  waves  back  warily and  fades  from  my  view  as  I  jump  of  the  wall.  I land  in  a  crouch and  straighten  up  to  look  at  my  health  bar.  Only two points lost,  a  new  record. 

"How  did  you  do  that?"  I  turn  to  see  a  boy with eyes  like  Kala. "Most  people  would've  died!"  He sounded  almost  excited  about  that. "Your  fall  damage  level  must  be  high!"  His  loud  tone  gave  me  a  headache. 

"Shut up!"  I  shout, getting  pissed off. 

He  goes  silent and  sighs,  sounding  annoyed.  "Girls."  He  mutters  under  his  breath.  Ignoring  him,  I  walk  off  and  head  down   the  path  that  leads  to  town. 

"Hey ! Where  are you heading?" He  calls  out but I  continue to walk.  "You  don't  have  any  amour or  weapons."  He  jogs to keep up with me.  

"Go away."  I  say  getting  very  annoyed.  

"No." 

I  turn  to  glare  at  him.  "I'm  not  letting  a  girl walk around unprotected!"   

Great  a  'noble'  one. "Unprotected?"  I  shout  angrily.  "Do  you  know  who  I  am?"  He  opens  his  mouth  to  say  something,  but  a  loud  hiss cuts him off.  We  turn  to  see  a  lizard  mutant,  a  high  leveled monster. 

Without  a  moment  of  hesitation,  the  boy  stands  in  front  of  me.  Being  noble  again and trying  to  protect  me. As if I needed a knight to protect me.  I roll my eyes and push  him  out  of  the  way harshly with my arm.

"What  are  you  doing?"  He  shouts with fear  in  his  voice. 

"Blade  arm,"  I  mutter.  My  arm  transforms  into  its  usual  black  bladed  sword.  I  feel  the  boys  eyes  go  wide.  

"W-what?"  I  ignore  him  and  sprint  at  the  stupid  mutant. 

With  a  flick  of  my  wrist,  I  cut  it  in  half  right  through  the  middle.  As  it's  body  separates,  the  boy  falls  over and lands with  a  loud  thud.  The  mutant's  body changes into sparkling  flakes and evaporates in the air.

My  arm   transforms  back  to  normal.  I  flex  my  arm  and   turn  to  where  the  boy  sat.  He  gets  off  the  floor trying to look stable  but stumbles back and  bangs  into  a  tree.  

"H-how." He  stutters.  I  see  Mr.  Hero  lost  his  words. At least he didn't run off and scream when I showed him my unusual powers.  

"Do you  understand  now?"  I  ask.  He  stands  there  silently  his  mouth  wide  open.  "I  don't  need  protecting." He  nods  stiffly,  his  fear  apparent.   

"Good,  now  leave  me  alone."  I  start  to  walk  back  down  the  path,  but  he  puts  his  arm out, blocking  me  from  moving. 

  He  was  looking  down  at  the  ground .  His  eyes  covered  by  his  hair.  "Wait," he  says, his  voice  a  mumble.  He  flicks  his  head  up looking  me  in  the  eyes. "Who  are  you?" 

I feel  my  face  go  red.  I  stand  there  silently,  looking  at  him  in  complete  shock. 

"Please,  tell me!"  He  shouts.  There  were  tears  in  his  eyes.  I  had  never  seen  a  boy  my  own  age  before.  It  only  struck  me  then. 

"Um-"  I  mutter.  The  whole  time  he  never  takes  his  eyes  off  mine. "I'm  Cora."  I  finally  manage  to  choke  out.  

"You're  the  blood  girl, aren't  you?"  He  asks.  I  nod.  This  was  getting  very  uncomfortable  for  me.  I  quickly  look  side  to  side  hoping  he  would get  the  hint. 

"Oh  right," he  says.  Finally. "I'm-" 

Then  I  woke  up. 

Authors note: This is my first proper sooo I hope you enjoyed have fun~~~~~~~~ Kierrin

Editor's note: Hellooo I'm Melissa aka @heyitsmelmel and I'm going to be editing Kierrin's horrible grammar mistakes :) Yep it's going to be a weird rollercoaster ride