Father, Heaven, and Emily

"Father?" I asked, confused as he was still walking towards me. He nodded and put his hand out, "Kevin. Usher. Your mother changed your name to her maiden name from what I remember."

I nodded, "Yeah. How did you know?"

"One of my friends that's also one of her friends." I nodded, "Mind if I get to know you?"

***

"I'm sorry I didn't come back. I really wanted to, but your mother wouldn't let me."

I nodded, listening as he kept talking. I finally spoke up, "How did you die?"

He sighed heavily, "I was hoping you wouldn't ask. I wanted to start my life over after what happened with your mom. So I got a job at Virginia Tech..and guess what happened? Shooting." I had no idea he was at that shooting. He stared at me for several seconds then hugged me tightly, "You're so beautiful now."

***

I returned back to Aiden. He was staring at the sky on the white bench, "You took forever." He said, finally sitting up. "I met my dad. He's dead." He engulfed me into a hug, "I'm sorry."

"No. it's fine. I barely even knew him."

He nodded, "Emily then Angie? I think Emily is leaving school about now." I nodded then I found myself around laughing and yelling students.

How should I get her attention in a public place? I grabbed a lock of her hair as she walked and quickly dropped it. "Char?" She asked as excitement was painted across her face. The three of us ran off somewhere more private. Emily still didn't know Aiden was with us.

"Guess who's with me." I said as a smile flashed across my face. "Your boyfriend? Aiden?" She asked as Aiden came into her view. She gave him a toothy smile, "I missed you." He nodded, "Missed you, too."

***

Aiden was probably watching, but he left the physical world. Emily and I were in her room, sitting on the floor. "I met daddy. He left by the time you were born, Emily." She nodded, "I should go meet him!" She exclaimed, now standing up and jumping up and down.

"You can't, Emily. Only me." Her smile quickly vanished, "Why not? I wanna meet him, I wanna meet him!" I sighed then looked into her sweet, brown eyes. "Emily, daddy's passed away. I'm sorry." She nodded as I noticed she was fighting off tears.

"You okay?" She nodded slightly, "I'll never meet him."

______________________________________________________________________________

That was a really short chapter, sorry! Writer's block sucks, haha.

I'm trying to think of some new ideas to write about in this story, but something will come to me and I'll probably get an update in by tomorrow afternoon.

Bye.