동 History of Kpop 동

[1] History of Kpop

A/n: Dedicated to @jze1812

Kpop history siyempre lahat ng bagay may pinagmulan kaya iyan muna para may alam naman tayo sa kinahihiligan natin well, may mga part na english dito maghanda na po kayo ng tissue joke hahaha ito na po.

PLAY THE KOREAN DANCE AT MULTIMEDIA BOX -->

-------------------------------------------------

“I just don’t understand. I’m a robot, but I’m willing to believe in humans. You, on the other hand, are a human, but you aren’t willing to believe in humans.” – Nai Te (Absolute boyfriend)

----------------------------

What is Kpop?

K-pop (an abbreviation of Korean pop; Korean: 가요 kayo) is a musical genreoriginating in South Korea that is characterized by a wide variety of audiovisual elements.

Although it comprises all genres of "popular music" within South Korea, the term is more often used in a narrower sense to describe a modern form of South Korean pop musiccovering mostly dance-pop, pop ballad, electronic, rock, hip-hop.

(c:) Wikipedia

Where it from?

The history of Korean popular music can be traced back to 1885 when an American missionary, Henry Appenzeller started teaching American and British folk songs at a school.

(c:) Wikipedia

First album that published.

The first known Korean pop album was "Yi Pungjin Sewol" (This Tumultuous Time) by Park Chae-seon and Lee Ryu-saek from 1925 and contained popular songs translated from Japanese.

21st century here we go~ 

Towards the turn of the 21st century, the K-pop genre began spreading out to other regions of the world as part of the global Korean wave.

TRIVIAS

1989 SM Entertainment Lee Soo Man founds what would become the largest and most successful Kpop company to date.

1992 Kpop is Born Seo Taiji and The Boys became a wildly popular group, implementing American rap, rock, and techno into its music. A dance group, Korean pop music is still dominated by dance groups to this day.

1997 JYP Entertainment Kpop artist Park Jin Young founds JYPE which would house mega star Rain and acts such as 2PM, 2AM, and Miss A.

1997 Asia in Financial Crisis The 1997 Asian Financial Crisis that spread from Thailand to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, and eventually South Korea put the financial world in a state of high alert.

South Korea received the single largest IMF loan in history at $58 billion and after painful economic times rebounded. The IMF loan and issues of debt would continue to be held in negative regard by the Korean public.

1998 Kpop Rises An SM group, H.O.T. tops Taiwanese charts. Kpop, along with Korean dramas and film, begin to gain international fanbases.

1998 YG Entertainment Yang Hyun Suk, a former member of Seo Taiji and the Boys, founds the second largest Kpop Company YG. It would house Psy, Big Bang, and 2NE1.

2001 Japan Enters the Fray Another SM artist BoA tops Japan’s Oricon chart and begins the trend of Kpop groups moving on to do large volumes of work and press in Japan after developing popularity in Korea. Japan will prove to be the largest market for Korean cultural products.

2011 The New Triple Alliance The “Big Three’ companies and other Entertainment corporations come together and form United Asia Management.

2/18/2012 La musique de Corée Kpop finds its way to Paris as the popular show Music Bank holds a massive concert in the Bercy Stadium. The 10,000 tickets sold out within minutes.

7/15/12 Gangnam Style What can be said. It is the most viewed video on Youtube (thus arguably the internet) and has entranced the world and everyone’s grandmothers.

---------------------------------

UPNEXT: Tour in Korea

VOTE

COMMENT

-Lyn