seven

"Ice cream?" Josh asked me smiling. I nodded. We walked over to the ice cream cart, hand in hand.

Josh ordered both of our cones. "Thanks Joshy." I whispered and kissed him on the cheek.

"I'll be right back okay?" he smiled and walked to the car. Shrugging I turned around and collided with someone.

"Sorry." He mumbled. I looked up and say him, Brendon.

Brendon looked like crap, he had bags under his eyes. His eyes were also puffy, like he had been... Crying?

"Brendon?" I asked looking him over.

He frowned. "Sarah, she told me to stop drinking.. I-I got mad and-and I, I." He stammered.

I sat him down on a bench, not caring about my ice cream that was melting on the ground. "What?"

"I ran off, I told her I was never going to come back.. I didn't mean it Tyler, I didn't mean it." Brendon now had tears streaming from his puffy eyes.

I rubbed his shoulder. "It'll be okay. Have you tried to go back?"

He shook his head. "I was too scared that she had done something to herself, like tried to hurt herself. She doesn't like it when I'm mad.. Either do I."

"Hey!" A voice boomed, causing Brendon and I to jump.

It was Josh. His fist was clenched, I could tell he wanted to hurt him.

"Josh." I stood in front of Brendon, blocking him so Josh couldn't hurt him. "Hey." I whispered trying to calm him.

"Brendon, I told you I didn't want to see you. And why are you touching my boyfriend." He growled.

"See you around Tyler." Brendon whispered and walked off. I frowned at Josh.

"I was comforting him, Josh." I sighed. "What happened to you guys?"

He sighed, "I had a crush on Brendon in high school, then he got married. I was going to tell him my feelings, but he proved that he obviously isn't gay. That hurt me, I couldn't see him without wanting to kiss him.. So I told him to stay away from me."

It all made sense now, Josh loved Brendon, but Brendon never loved him back.

I pulled him into me, hugging him tighter than I ever have. "I'm so sorry Josh." I whispered.

He shook his head. "It's over now, I'm fine." He lied. "I was just worried that he would take you from me, like Sarah took him from me."

My heart shattered to pieces. "Don't ever think someone could take me away from you. I'm yours."