Chapter Two Gunnar

While on my way back home form my little excursion, I watch as a small framed girl busts open my front door. I drop the logs I picked up to reinforce the gateway and run towards my house before she sees something she can't forget. When I reach the open doorway the girl is sitting on the floor rubbing her shoulder. Before she can catch a glimpse of me I look up at the dangling piece of metal hanging above her and concentrate on thinning its tether to the roof. I close my eyes unable to witness the pain I am inflicting upon her. With the sound of the crash my eyes pop open. The girl is lying lifeless in front of me with one arm outstretched, almost as if she is asking for my help. I walk towards her slowly and take the fallen metal off her back. I throw the girl over my shoulder as I bring her down to the basement.

The old stairs case creaks under the weight of our two bodies, but I know they are solid for I built them myself. As I descend the stairs my living space comes into view, its nothing fancy but it is all mine. It is all one big room with only the bare necessities, the only door is on the far side of the room.

As I walk past my dining room table I grab a chair and set the girl down on it, not caring if she gets hurt in the process. I leave the girl there while I get my tow rope from my tool box above the fridge. I don't believe she will be waking up anytime soon so I take my time wrapping her tightly to the chair. I start with her torso, placing the starting end of the rope behind her back. With seven loops across her body I then move to her arms. I make infinity loops to bind both her wrists at the same time. Satisfied with my work I go to the kitchen to get a big glass of ice water. After drinking the glass of water I refill it and head back towards the girl. I stand next to her so her untied legs don't kick me as I throw the water into her face.

She gasps for air and screeches as the water brings her back to conciseness. Her eyes dart around the room stopping only when she sees me standing there with and empty glass. She looks taken aback most likely unsure how she got here. I move to stand in front of her but far enough away that I am out of reach of her legs.

"Why did she send you?" I ask in a hushed voice.

Her voice cracks when she tries to speak, so she clears her throat. "I don't know what you're taking about."

I point to the door behind me "I know that she sent you, what I need to know is why?"

The girl looks flustered trying to figure out what to say without completely blowing her cover. "What's behind the door?" She inquires.

"I know this is what you're looking for, so here." I walk around and grab the back of her chair and push her towards the door. I reach around her, open the door and shove her through the doorway. I follow the girl through the door closing the it behind me. I look up to see the familiar rings that orbit this majestic. thought all I can think about are the disastrous memories of my childhood. The girl looks awe struck unable the beauty before her. It is only now that I realize my mistake; this girl was not sent by Anja. I take the knife out of my back pocket and cut one single loop of rope around her arms.

I look back at the large oak tree that serves as the gateway back to the mortal realm they call Earth. I hit the tree with my knuckles, three times, then two times, then seven times and tree portal cracks open. I quickly go back through the portal shutting the door behind me, leaving the girl behind me in Fantacy.