Warped

Warped Tour 2003

My eyes flickered open to the sound of Pierre's protest as David jumped on him to wake him up.  We were on the Simple Plan tour bus at the final venue for the Warped Tour...Boston, Massachusetts.  I lay in the bunk above Pierre's.  Chuck had been curious as to why I was above him and not below.  Pierre had laughed and said that it was because he didn't want David jumping on me. 

How thoughtful...I really wouldn't mind...

"David...get off will you?"

I leaned over the edge of my bunk as far as the leather cuff on my left ankle would allow me.  That was the other reason I was on the top bunk.  So no one could see that I was tied to the bunk. 

Pierre was on the floor with David sitting on his stomach.  At first all I could see was Pierre's blonde/black hair (it had been completely blonde at the beginning of Warped but the roots had finally started to grow back black; but he kept the hair trimmed), and then when he managed to push David away I could see the look of exasperation on his face. 

His cheeks were slightly pink and his dark eyes conveyed his displeasure.  David was smart enough to sense that his friend was not in an especially good mood and headed back to the front of the bus.   I pulled my head back behind the curtains of my bunk as Pierre glanced up.  His eyes narrowed and he climbed up and pulled the curtain aside.

"Were you watching that?" his tone was sharp. 

I couldn't lie so I nodded slightly.  "Yes, Master..."

I wasn't 18 yet...two more days in fact til my birthday...yet I'd taken to addressing him in this way just to get used to it.  He leaned close and stared deep into my eyes.  I began to shake and shrank back from him pressing against the wall of the bunk averting my gaze from his.  I felt him twist his fingers into my hair and jerk my face to his.

"You know I don't like you watching me, sub," his eyes bore into mine angrily.

"I'm sorry, Master..." I swallowed and tried to move to ease the pain in my head. 

Pierre was having none of that; he tightened his grip and moved so he could pin me to the bunk.  I felt tears begin to well in my eyes.  He frowned slightly as one of them escaped and made its way down my face.  He did something then that surprised me.  He leaned down and gently kissed it away.  I blinked rapidly; for a split second in time I saw his expression soften with a hint of something that I couldn't read.  The next instant his features hardened and he drew back; relaxing his hold in my hair, slightly.

"Two days..." he murmured reminding me of my place.  "And stop watching me."  He let go of my hair and disappeared to get ready for the day ahead.

I flopped back on the bed and now that I was alone I let the tears spill over my eyelids as I massaged my head where the hair had pulled.  Once again I would be left on the bus while the guys went and had fun performing and meeting fans.  Of course Pierre's excuse to the others was that I was too shy to go and mingle with the crowd and that I wasn't feeling well.  Although Chuck knew the truth mostly. 

I lay listening to the sounds of the guys getting ready to leave the bus.  The voices that travelled back to me were mostly those of David and Pierre. 

"Dude, hurry up..."

"Pierre, get outta the way or go out the door..."

"David, fuck off..."