That's freedom

It's a song of the heart,
a race in the wind,
a light in the dark...
that's freedom
It's a measure of trust

When love is alive

It's tender and tough

That's freedom

It's all love is about

The opening up and letting it out

Let freedom ring...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Anaheim, California, 2004.

Pierre

Chuck said that I was going soft.  That was after Warped was over last year...and when he found out what I'd said to Marly.  He wouldn't let me live it down and I'd been worried that he would say something to my Dad.  I've already mentioned that it's against the law to fall in love with a sub or slave.  But it didn't change the way I felt now...before I could carry on with that thought my aforementioned best friend dashed pass me drumsticks clenched in his right hand. 

"Time to go on, Pierre!" he yelled back at me. 

We were in Anaheim, California performing our final show before we went back to the studio to start recording our second album.  As I made my way to the stage I saw Marly perched on a stool near the door.  I took in what she was wearing and smiled approvingly at her.  She was dressed in a slinky black dress; one I had just recently acquired for her, and wore a gold and black choker around her neck.  I was yet to purchase a pendant to attach to it.  It had to be something personal to signify subtly that she belonged to me. 

She glanced up at me and smiled softly.  "Have a good show, Master," she whispered so no one else would hear her.  I reached out and cupped her cheek gently and then dropped it when Chuck peered around the door.

"Hurry up, Bouvier...your audience awaits."

I rolled my eyes and nodded at my sub.  "Behave yourself," my tone was stern. 

She nodded obediently a hint of a smile tugging at the corner of her lips.  I allowed myself a small smile and then I strode through the door onto the stage to the loud screams of the fans. 

Another night...another show...but I never get sick of it...

Marly

The sounds of the concert drowned out all thought.  I leaned my head against the door and smiled when I heard David and Pierre talking between songs.

"Who wants to come to my house?" David yelled and I heard the crowd scream.  Then, "I'm sorry...I don't have a house..."

I laughed softly at that then tilted my head and shivered when I heard my Master's voice.  "David is a hobo...he carries a bag on his back and he is a hobo...not a homo...a HOBO..."

I sighed at the sound of his voice and leaned my head back against the wall closing my eyes and breathing deeply.  I must have drifted off because the next thing I knew Pierre was pulling me to my feet and steering me to the Simple Plan dressing room.  I noticed that none of the others were with him as he pushed me into the room and shut the door behind him.  He leaned against it arms folded staring at me. 

It was unsettling so I began to talk to fill the tense silence.  "I didn't mean to fall asleep the music just..."

He cut me off gently.  "I'm not angry with you, little one."