Epilogue

It's all love is about,
the opening up and letting it out;
let freedom ring...

"Mast...I mean, Pierre...God I don't think I can get used to this..."

"Used to what?  Being free you mean?" Pierre smiled warmly at me and cupped my cheek in his hand leaning down to kiss me.  I leaned into the kiss opening my mouth to his deepening it.  Then I drew back and nodded.

"Well, it's only...a piece of paper..." Pierre was referring to the official writ that stated I was no longer a submissive.  "Doesn't mean you can't still be submissive...after all...it's a relationship thing."

I smiled glad that he understood how I was feeling.  It is an odd feeling being free, seeing that I was born a slave, then raised as a sub.  I wasn't used to it but with Pierre by my side I knew I'd be all right. 

Everything was going well between Pierre and Chuck as well.  Their friendship was now stronger than it had ever been.  Of course Jeff thought that Pierre had forgiven Chuck too easily, but they were both determined to move on with their lives.  The band, Simple Plan, was doing better and better and had just released the final single for their second album.  The single was 'Crazy' and was my favourite song off their album. 

In fact Pierre had the radio on and it had just come on.  I smiled as I heard him begin to sing along softly.

"You sound just as good right here as you do on the radio," I murmured softly just before he captured my mouth with his.  I moaned into his mouth and he smiled as he sucked on my bottom lip. He drew me closer wrapping his arms around my waist and laying me back on the sofa.  I propped one leg up as we deepened our kiss. 

He sat back after a moment and smiled lovingly down at me.  "How does it feel knowing that I'm no longer in control of you 24/7?"

I laughed, "It's weird...I mean...I could walk out right now...and leave...but I'd never do that, because I love you..."

"Say that again..."

"I love you...Pierre."

We gazed into each other's eyes.  Then I buried my face against his chest and cried.  All the emotions that had built up over my 20 years of life spilled as tears from my eyes.  Pierre just held me safely in his arms.  Then he began to sing softly.

"It's no ordinary world

When you're here with me

I take the time to smile

I have the space to breathe

It's no ordinary world

When you walk with me

I see inside my dreams

Every diamond every pearl

It's no ordinary world..."

I lifted my tearstained face to his and smiled softly, whispering, "No ordinary world...indeed..."

He cupped my chin in his hand and then let me rest my head back on his shoulder.  We stayed like that as the daylight dimmed and then slowly disappeared from the sky outside.  Not only did the day disappear, but also our past...it was time to move on.

I was ready for anything and everything the future had to throw at me...Bring it on...