Month later

The Montreal S&M Training Centre

Jake rushed into the small nursery and checked the sleeping forms of the newborn subs and then he made his way to The Master's office. 

"You wanted to see me?" he asked the aging Master.  Jake waited for his reply.

"I have someone you might want to see...come with me..." 

Jake frowned in wonder and followed as The Master led him down a rarely used corridor to an area of the Centre that was reserved for rehabilitation cases.  That is, slaves who had been abused to the point of death.  The Master stopped outside one particular room and pushed open the door.  Jake peered in curiously and then he gasped.

"Sweet Pea..." He took two strides to reach Marly's limp form kneeling by her and lifting her gently in his arms.  She trembled and gave a small whimper.  "What is she doing here?  Isn't she the property of the Bouviers'?"  Jake glanced up at The Master and was surprised to see a sad expression in his eyes.

"Pierre fell in love with her," was his simple reply.  That explained more than it didn't.

"Does he know..." Jake started to say; The Master shook his head.

"He thinks she's dead...but I found out what had happened and procured her release into our custody.  At some stage I'm going to need you to contact the Bouviers and tell them we have her.  But for now she just needs some rest and TLC...take care of her for now Jake."

Jake nodded and rose to his feet lifting Marly in his arms and carrying her to one of the small rehab wards.  He lay her down in the bed and brought the covers up over her body.  She stirred and gave a small cry.

"No...no...please...no..."

Jake rested a hand softly on her forehead stroking it.  She settled and eventually slipped into a deep sleep.

Marly

I sat up in bed and blinked in surprise at my surroundings.  There was something very familiar about this place.  I gazed at the plain cream walls and looked down at the soft downy bedspread.  I rubbed it between my thumb and finger wondering how I'd ended up here...wherever here was.  As I pondered this, the door opened and a figure entered the room.  I didn't notice him until he was sitting right on the edge of the bed.  My eyes widened when I recognised who it was.

"Sir?" It's Jake...my first Guardian...the one who trained me...he's changed...no he's just got older... "How..."

He held up a hand to stop me from speaking.  "No questions, little one.  Just rest."

"Yes, sir..." I murmured obediently; but then I thought of my Master...Pierre; tears welled in my eyes and I couldn't prevent them from leaking from my eyes. 

"Master..." I whimpered softly. 

Jake reached out and softly cupped my cheek.  "We will find him for you and tell him you are here...never fear, you will be back with him soon enough."

I smiled weakly up at Jake and then lay back and drifted into a restless sleep filled with dreams.

Light spills over a small clearing.  I am kneeling chained to a stake in the centre, fear welling deep within me.  A person walks toward me holding a sword (a sword?) and stands over me.  I can't see his face; a nameless, faceless executioner...he swings the blade up and I am unable to close my eyes...forced to watch as my life is about to be taken from me...