Prologue

It all started at the end of Year One, during the train ride back from Hogwarts. Draco was seated in a cabin alone with his twin sister, Arabella. She was sound asleep, but Draco stayed awake, lost in his thoughts.

He couldn't stop thinking about Harry Potter. Draco had heard what happened between Harry and the Dark Lord a few weeks before. He had also heard that Harry had been having nightmares every night since then. To be honest, Draco was pretty worried about him.

The young Slytherin suddenly stood and made his way to Potter's cabin. He looked through the glass and saw the Golden Trio talking and laughing. Draco knocked and Harry rose to open the door.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Harry asked.

"I'd like to speak with you in private," Draco replied.

Harry nodded, then turned and quietly mumbled something to his friends. When he turned back to Draco, sometging flashed in his eyes that the young blonde boy couldn't place.

Once Draco and Harry were standing in the hallway with the cabin door closed, Harry repeated his earlier question.

"What do you want?"

"I heard what happened between you and you-know-who. I also heard about the nightmares." Draco paused for a minute. "Are you okay?"

Harry shrugged. "I guess. Why do you care?"

It was Draco's turn to shrug. "I don't know."

Draco looked into Harry's eyes for the first time that night. He had just noticed how beautiful the young Gryffindor really was. Potter's face was still flushed from laughing. His dazzingly green eyes portrayed confusion and another emotion Draco didn't understand. Harry's round glasses rested perfectly against the bridge of his nose. His flawless raven hair was styled in its usual messy style.

"You're beautiful, Harry," Draco whispered breathlessly.

Harry looked shocked, then blushed a deep red. "You're beautiful, too, Draco," Harry whispered back.

Draco blushed before placing a kiss on Harry's cheek. When he pulled away, both boys were blushing even more and were smiling widely.

Each boy walked back to his cabin with each other on their mind.