Chapter 1

"So, first day of Senior year tomorrow! What are you gonna wear?" My mom asked me, her head rested in her hands, with her elbows on the breakfast bar.

"I've done this tons of times, mom," I sighed, siting next to her. She turned towards me, mouth open and eyes wide.

"This is your Senior Year though!" My mom schreeched making me jump a little. She's right. I should be a little more excxited about it, but I'm not. I guess I'm just tired of starting over. I stood up and fake yawned.

"Well, I'm tired. I'll think about it in the morning," I said to get some alone time. i trotted up the stairs and took one last look at her downstairs. Her excited smile shrunk to a frown and she looked to the dark hardwood floor. As i got to my room, i stripped off my shirt and jeans, then changed into my pajamas. I sat down on my gray bed, thinking about what i could do to make my room less borning. Maybe a light pink wallpaper... And some designed drapes over the windows... Or I could do a Marilyn Monroe poster over my vanity... I need to do something to lighten up this dull room.

I turned on some soft music and set my phone on my dock, then clicked my light off and closed my eyes. I fell asleep thinking about tomorrow...

Hopefully it will be fine... Hopefully...

***Next Morning***

"Are you positive that I can use the car today?" I asked, grabbing an apple from the fridge and giving my mom a hug.

"Of course! But this afternoon, I have my nurse interview, and I'll need the car," she said, kissing me on the cheek and giving me the keys.

"Alright. I'll be back around three thirty then. Bye."

I headed out to the garage and started the car. Before I did anything else, I turned on the radio. I love music. It just guides my life decisions.

As I drove to school, the closer I got, the more nervous I became. While watching other cars turn into the highschool parking lot, I turned my music down and took a deep breath.

Here I go... Again...

I found a close spot to the doors and got out. Everyone that was in the parking lot stared at me. I could overhear some whispering and mumbling, but I tried my best to ignore it. The school was massive. Two stories at least, lots of windows, tons of cars in the huge parking lot. Teenagers were everywhere.

I put my headphones in and kept my music going, as I slung my bag over my shoulder and started walking to the doors.