Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Azalea

It had been weeks and weeks since Zee had literally saved my life, talk about bestfriend goals. I think I would be dead without her, because lord knows that I am so stubborn that I would never accept the bone marrow from Charles.
I am literally so sore from the surgery, I suppose I would rather endure this pain then death itself. I just imagine how much pain Zee is in, I mean she didn't even have to give the marrow and yet she did, so I wouldn't die. I appreciate that more then anything else in this whole wide world.

I was now back at home, I was on some serious bed rest, but at least I was at home. Ever since John told me about not really being his daughter I have always had the thought of possibly moving out in the back of my mind. I never really mentioned it to him, mostly because I didn't want to hurt his feelings, and I knew it would of crushed him.

Today I was visiting Zariah, I wanted to make sure she was okay and not in too much pain.

I knocked softly on her bedroom door, her mom had answered the front door and told me that Zee was sleeping..

"BESTFRIEND." she said once she saw me.

I laughed at her giddiness.

"How you feeling?" I asked her.

She looked around the room and then at me before answering.

"I feel perfectly fine. How are you, I feel like I haven't seen you in years and years."she finally said.

"I'm fine, I feel a little groggy and tired and like I should be in bed but beside that I feel perfect." I smiled at her.

"Okay, so like shit. But if you feel tired you really shouldn't have driven over here." she said.

"I had Dylan take me, he's to pick me up afterwards." I told her.

"So you two are good, that's excellent."

"Yeah, he is honestly so hard to give up. It seems no matter what I do, or what he does, I can't let him go." I said.

"Honey, that's love."

"ya ya ya." I told her while rolling my eyes.

"I swear if you would stop being stubborn you would find that you are the happiest with him by your side." she told me.

I knew that she was right, but I needed to sort a few things out with my family, mostly my father, before I tried pursuing him again.

"Yeah, well we will see where things go." I told her.

"I can't believe I gave you my bone marrow and you won't even take my advice into consideration."

"Well how I see it is, you could have lost your best friend or you can deal with said best friend being stubborn, I think you would rather I be alive." I told her.

"This is true." She replied.

I stayed with her for another hour or so before I called Dylan to come pick me up.

I was now in the car with him, sitting in front my house's driveway.

"Thanks for taking me." I whispered to him.

He smiled at me, "Anytime, I really don't mind." he said.

I turned my body a bit to face him.

"So there was something I really wanted to say to you, more along the lines of telling you. So I am considering maybe staying with Charles for a bit. I mean he is my real dad, and I don't really have any family here, so I thought it might be a good idea to get to know him a bit more." I blurted out.

Dylan just looked at me, never saying anything. Then he did something that I least expected him to do, he kissed me.

I was so shocked by this sudden move of intimate actions that I gasped, and his tongue went right in my mouth. We transferred spit for a few minutes, by the time it was all over with I was left breathing heavy.
What do you really expect from me. Not too long ago a machine was breathing for me and then he just literally takes my breath away, God help me.

"Umm, what was they.. for?" I asked him.

Dylan instantly blushed and beat around the bush, but finally he spitted out his words.

" I have honestly been wanting to do that for a while now, but when the girl you love is dying in the hospital it's not really a reasonable place to do it at. So I thought this would be the perfect moment. But now that I think of it, it's really not." he said.

"It's okay." I said quickly.

"I don't want you to move away but I understand if you need to for a while, anything you decide it perfect with me. I honestly just want you to be happy.

I few short moments later I was back in my house, or John's. I was sitting at the kitchen table drinking on a glass of tea when John walked up to me.

"Hey sweetie, can I talk with you for a few minutes?" he asked.

"Of course, what is it?" I asked him.

"I think you should go spend some time with Charles." he blurted out.
I was silent, I honestly had no idea what to say.
"I know ever since I told you the truth about who is your father you have been skirting around me, I don't want you to feel bad for not wanting to be here with me. I get that I am not really your dad, I guess you could say that I was pretending to be. I know how awful that sounds, but I don't know of any other way to put it. I did it for your mom, I did it for you; so that you wouldn't be alone in the world. That, my darling, is an awful feeling to have." he said.

"I know this whole situation is so confusing, not just for me but for you too. I want to get to know Charles, see if I share any of his traits. I mean he must be a good man because my mom loved him right? But at the same time I feel this duty to stay here with you. You took me in when nobody else wanted to, you didn't have to claim me as your own even though you knew I never belonged to you. And oh god your wife, Cyndi. She knew the whole time and went along with it, mom and her must have been great friends for her to lead the whole world thinking her husband of who knows how many years cheated on her, when in reality that was never ever the case." I said.

"I loved Cyndi, I still do. But your mom wasn't just her friend she was also mine. I have known your mom longer than I have Cyndi. She is the one who introduced me to Cyndi." John said.

"I think I'm going to stay for another week or so then maybe go spend some time with Charles and his family. But I promise I will come back okay?" I asked him.

He smiled at me and then brought me into a hug.

A/N

Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I am terribly awful at updating. I am thinking of putting the rest of this story on hold, I don't ever have any time to update. Let me know what you guys think.